Presidential TFRs

Old November 2nd 03, 05:38 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 18:17:44 +0100, Mxsmanic wrote:

By the time most Americans are impacted by them, it will be too late.

---quote

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out — because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the communists
and I did not speak out — because I was not a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out — because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me —
and by then there was no one left to speak out for me.

---unquote

by Pastor Martin Niemoeller (see http://www.refuseandresist.org/)

#m
--
http://www.refuseandresist.org/
Old November 2nd 03, 05:39 PM
A Lieberman

Judah wrote:

With any luck, the SS will move the ADIZ from Washington, DC to Southhaven,
MI... That seems to be a bit more to their logic...

I won't complain since the incident happened in MS.

Allen
Old November 2nd 03, 05:42 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Mxsmanic wrote:

Nobody ever complained in the past, and now it's illegal to complain.

Really? Dunno where you live, but the local radio stations in Atlanta bitched
like hell when Carter came to town. When Gore closed the Garden State Parkway
during rush hour to allend a fundraiser at Bon Jovi's house, there was serious
fear that it would cost the Democrats heavily in the next New Jersey election.
And the traffic problems caused by GWB's latest visit to New York attracted a
lot of media criticism.

In short, people have been complaining about these TDRs for at least 30 years,
and, since all of the local DJs are still on the loose, it's quite clear that
it's still legal to do so.

George Patterson
You can dress a hog in a tuxedo, but he still wants to roll in the mud.
Old November 2nd 03, 05:50 PM
Mxsmanic

G.R. Patterson III writes:

Really? Dunno where you live, but the local radio stations in Atlanta bitched
like hell when Carter came to town.

And what procedures were changed in response to the complaints?

When Gore closed the Garden State Parkway during rush hour to allend
a fundraiser at Bon Jovi's house, there was serious fear that it would
cost the Democrats heavily in the next New Jersey election.

But did it?

And the traffic problems caused by GWB's latest visit to New York attracted a
lot of media criticism.

So?

In short, people have been complaining about these TDRs for at least 30 years,
and, since all of the local DJs are still on the loose, it's quite clear that
it's still legal to do so.

If they've been complaining about them for 30 years, why are they still
in effect?

Old November 2nd 03, 07:53 PM
Newps

Martin Hotze wrote:

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out — because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the communists
and I did not speak out — because I was not a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out — because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me —
and by then there was no one left to speak out for me.

And anyone who saw the tape of the torture going on in Iraq that was all
over the news this week here in the States would not question our going in.

Old November 2nd 03, 07:54 PM
Newps

Mxsmanic wrote:

If they've been complaining about them for 30 years, why are they still
in effect?

Which is a good question, but the fact remains it is legal.

Old November 2nd 03, 08:14 PM
Morgans

"Newps" wrote in message

And anyone who saw the tape of the torture going on in Iraq that was all
over the news this week here in the States would not question our going

in.

Do yourself a favor and killfil this bozo, and anyone else coming in here
spouting political agenda. I am here to get along with everyone, as long as
our common ground is aviation. Stop replys to this crap, and soon it will
go away. Too bad some do not have enough self discipline to do that.
--
Jim in NC

Old November 2nd 03, 08:30 PM
Mxsmanic

Newps writes:

And anyone who saw the tape of the torture going on
in Iraq that was all over the news this week here in
the States would not question our going in.

If the U.S. government would just distribute tapes of its own torture
sessions, we wouldn't have to go to Iraq to find them.

Old November 2nd 03, 08:31 PM
Mxsmanic

Newps writes:

Which is a good question, but the fact remains it is legal.

They've never been subjected to a test of their constitutionality, as
far as I know. Then again, not too many people worry about the
Constitution anymore--it just interferes with the War on Terror (a/k/a
War on Drugs, a/k/a War on Eastasia, or is it Eurasia?).

Old November 2nd 03, 08:40 PM
Morgans

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Newps writes:

And anyone who saw the tape of the torture going on
in Iraq that was all over the news this week here in
the States would not question our going in.

If the U.S. government would just distribute tapes of its own torture
sessions, we wouldn't have to go to Iraq to find them.

Thanks for making easy to make these tough decisions.
Plonk
See what I mean?
--
Jim in NC