Presidential TFR @ Kill Devil Hills

Old December 16th 03, 01:48 PM
Judah

"R. Hubbell" wrote in
news:A9uDb.13697$pY.1556@fed1read04:

snip
It does however tell me that there's no way he was ever a pilot.
Because a pilot would never do that to fellow pilots. So what in hell
was he doing in the National Guard? Don't answer that I really don't
want to know.

Gliding...
Old December 16th 03, 01:55 PM
Jay Masino

Richard Russell wrote:
Does anyone else find it ironic that the President's very presence at
the celebration of 100 years of powered flight has shut down almost
2,000 square miles of airspace? Couldn't he have phoned it in?

I just sent mail to channels 4, 5, 7, and 9 in the Washington, DC area,
as well as CNN, telling them about this issue and providing the link to
AOPA's article on the subject
( http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/newsite...03-4-151x.html )

Maybe one of them will put something on TV about it.

-- Jay

__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___
http://www2.ari.net/jmasino/ ! ! !

Checkout http://www.oc-adolfos.com/
for the best Italian food in Ocean City, MD and...
Checkout http://www.brolow.com/ for authentic Blues music on Delmarva

Old December 16th 03, 02:43 PM
Brien K. Meehan

"R. Hubbell" wrote in message news:A9uDb.13697$pY.1556@fed1read04...
Oh wait, the crippled, dialysis patient is still a threat.

Are you ironically saying that UBL is not a threat? Or are you just a
sympathetic fan?

Don't answer that I really don't want to know.

That much is clear.
Old December 16th 03, 04:24 PM
R. Hubbell

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:42:29 GMT "Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

"R. Hubbell" wrote in message

It does however tell me that there's no way he was ever a pilot. Because

pilot would never do that to fellow pilots. So what in hell was he doing

in
the National Guard?

He was flying F-102s.

That all?

R. Hubbell

Old December 16th 03, 04:27 PM
R. Hubbell

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 13:05:39 GMT Dave S wrote:

Ok.. at the risk of interrupting the partisanship here...

What makes you think that if the next prez is a Democrat that the SS..
er Secret Service will not still insist on a 60 mile diameter bubble?

You're really trying to spoil all the fun! We can only hope that the
next president will be more enlightened. And keep up the pressure on
how silly they are in the press and support AOPA.

R. Hubbell

Dave

Blanche wrote:

Take the announcement (the TFR) then get Phil Boyer's comments and
quote. Send to every television, radio and newspaper in your area.
This is nothing more than the same stunt as landing the jet on
the carrier and he walks out wearing a flight suit.

This is even better if you're a registered Republican. Send the
letter to your local Republican committee HQ with a complaint.

He uses the media. You use the media. There are more of us to
make the case to the media.

Even better -- find out who in the local media are pilots. Enlist
them.

Old December 16th 03, 04:32 PM
R. Hubbell

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 06:04:36 -0500 Cub Driver wrote:

It does however tell me that there's no way he was ever a pilot. Because a
pilot would never do that to fellow pilots. So what in hell was he doing in
the National Guard? Don't answer that I really don't want to know.

He flew F-102 supersonic jet interceptors, on active duty in the USAF
and later in the Texas Air Guard.

How many hours did he log as PIC? Most pilots brag about that, in fact most
consider that to be the defining metric. So why don't we hear more bragging
about that from Dubya? Is he too humble? *hahaha*

What did you fly when you were in the military?

The point is that I didn't purport to be a military pilot while avoiding
duty.

R. Hubbell

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com

Old December 16th 03, 04:33 PM
R. Hubbell

"R. Hubbell" wrote in message

It does however tell me that there's no way he was ever a pilot. Because

pilot would never do that to fellow pilots. So what in hell was he doing

in
the National Guard?

He was flying F-102s.

Hours logged as PIC? Where's the bragging and the boasting? Military pilots
wear their logged hours as a badge of honor. Haven't seen that from Dubya.

R. Hubbell

Old December 16th 03, 04:55 PM
Mutts

How long do the TFRs last?
All day?
Ceremonial flights are going to be allowed.

Could you not expect the President of the United States
to show up to the centennial of one of the most
important American inventions in all of human history?
The President represents the American People ultimately.
Not just a party. We live in difficult times as far as security
is concerned. we are at war after all. Things are different
for now. It is a unique time in history.

I am also disappointed at some of the disdain from a few fellow pilots
at Bushs service in the National Guard. Bush was a pilot
too. He risked his life serving our country in some capacity. Yes?
Since when is piloting an F-102 something without risk and danger?
It deserves respect regardless of your opinion of the mans
political idealogies. Who is one person to judge anothers persons
quality of service? Just being President puts you in danger every day.
There are politicians that I cant stand who were pilots. But I wouldnt
ever bash their service to the country and I respect another pilot,
for I know what it takes to become one, let alone an F-102.

Im also pretty sure Bush himself does not decide how big the TFRs are.
Of course this should be brought up and Of course I think some
compromises on both sides will work but ripping Bush is over
simplifying things and emotionally convenient.
I think TFRs can get out of hand and the AOPA has been doing the best
they can. Lets work the problem together in a professional manner,
anything less is not deserving of pilots.

Old December 16th 03, 05:27 PM
John Harlow

What would happen if 500 GA birds showed up towing banners saying "Go
home Mr presiden, we want to fly"?

All those liberal teachers would think pilots could use remedial spelling
lessons.

Do you think they have enough F-16's and weapons to shoot down them
all and if that happened what would those idiots (spelled Liberals) do
to him? He would be smoke politically after they got through in the
liberal press.

Back away from the radio, John - too much Limbaugh is starting to make you
sound like a moron.

I voted for him and will again to get that on the recording.

Lol! And you call Liberals "idiots"!