$3.00 a gallon gasoline by summer(read all of this, it just might work)

Old February 27th 04, 06:01 PM
Fastglasair

Default $3.00 a gallon gasoline by summer(read all of this, it just might work)

I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the summer. Want gasoline
prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. This
makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the don`t buy gas on a certain day campaign that was
going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because
they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was
more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever
thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read
it and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap.
Me too! It is currently $1.77 for regular unleaded gas in Riverwoods, IL. We
all know that we're being screwed by the oil companies. Does everyone remember
how they drove up the prices way past a dollar and got the gas prices to where
they wanted them, claiming there was a shortage of oil. Well, there isn't any
shortage now, and the oil is more abundant than it was 35 years ago when the
price of a gallon of gas was 29

cents!!!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think
that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50- $1.75, we need to take
aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace....not
sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need
to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is
if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And we can do
that ! WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't
just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act
together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON''T purchase ANY gasoline from
the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not
selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce
their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an
impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It
is really simple to do!! Now, don`t whimp out on me at this point...keep
reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to at least thirty people. If each of you send it to at
least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more
(300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth
generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If
those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30
million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you
guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That`s all (If you don`t
understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to
10 people... Well, let`s face it, you just aren`t a mathematician. But I am ..
so trust me on this one.)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more
people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be
contacted within the next 8 days!!! I`ll bet you I didn`t think you and I had
that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference. If this
makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 OR LESS RANGE

AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK!!!!!!!

Old February 27th 04, 06:26 PM
Rob Turk

"Fastglasair" wrote in message
I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the summer. Want

gasoline
prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. This
makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the don`t buy gas on a certain day campaign

that was
going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that

because
they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy gas.

It was
more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT,

whoever
thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please

read
it and join with us!

[SNIP]

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 OR LESS RANGE

AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK!!!!!!!

To put things in another perspective, 1 liter (!) of 100LL costs about 1.80
Euro in The Netherlands. Convert that to Gallons and Dollars... Yup, we're
at $8.50 a gallon. 85% of which is tax, nothing the oil companies will do
anything about...

Rob

Old February 27th 04, 11:08 PM
tongaloa

Another damn chain letter migrates to usenet.

There is plenty of competition in the oil market and
the oil companies are not in cahoots on pricing.

The main reason for higher prices is the effing starbucks
gas mentality. 3 states now demand their own especial 'summer blends'.
This puts a crimp on refinery production and with permits
for new refinery infrastructure near as onerous as for a nuclear plant,
we're not likely to see any new facilities any time soon.

The only benefit of booycotting the two mentioned majors will be a
bailout of someone who made a bad stock trade...

-t

Old March 7th 04, 12:03 AM
Model Flyer

"Rob Turk" wrote in message
ll.nl...
"Fastglasair" wrote in message
I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the summer.

Want
gasoline

To put things in another perspective, 1 liter (!) of 100LL costs

about 1.80
Euro in The Netherlands. Convert that to Gallons and Dollars...

Yup, we're

And 1.40 Euro in Waterford, Ireland.:-( that's why we are flying on
mogas at 92.5 cent or thereabouts.

--
---
Cheers,

Old March 9th 04, 12:36 AM
clare @ snyder.on .ca

Up here, $3.00 /gallon isn't bad.
Haven't seen it that low in months - that would be $0.66 per liter and
we run 74 to 86 cents regularly now for 87 octane - and that's
Canadian Pesos.
Old March 9th 04, 02:28 PM
Daniel

Fastglasair wrote ...
...DON''T purchase ANY gasoline from
the two biggest companies ... they will
be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce
their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit....

Stupidest damn thing I ever heard. "Let's shift demand to another
supplier & they'll lower prices even though we're resolved to buy it
from them regardless". If you really think gas will be $3 this
summer, put your money where your mouth is & go buy a hundred lot of
August futures on margin - you should net enough to build your own
refinery.

Daniel