"bush flying" in the suburbs?

Old December 8th 04, 07:28 AM

I fly one every day and it is a kool bird for short fields. Out here in
Jackson Hole Wy, the places are unlimited for landing spots.
Ben Haas N801BH

Old December 8th 04, 01:42 PM
Judah

zatatime wrote in
:

snip
I used to know a helicopter pilot who flew Santa in and out of
a small field in town,

Cool! I didn't realize Santa had a Chauffer.

I guess as the world gets more and more populated, the Reindeer just
don't cut it anymore...
Old December 8th 04, 03:45 PM
C Kingsbury

"Drew Dalgleish" wrote in message

Wow sucks to be you guys. In Canada we can pretty much land and take
off wherever we please

Benefits of having a country the size of the lower 48 but the population of
New York.

-cwk.

Old December 8th 04, 05:05 PM
Peter Duniho

"Judah" wrote in message
. ..
I used to know a helicopter pilot who flew Santa in and out of
a small field in town,

[...]
I guess as the world gets more and more populated, the Reindeer just
don't cut it anymore...

Didn't you hear? He had to switch to something else, 'cause the reindeer
kept burning up from the air friction.

Old December 8th 04, 05:37 PM

Peter Duniho on Dec 8, 9:05 am wrote:

"Judah" wrote in message
. ..Peter Duniho Dec
8, 9:05 am show options
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
From: "Peter Duniho"
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 09:05:14 -0800
Subject: "bush flying" in the suburbs?
original | Report Abuse

"Judah" wrote in message
. ..

I used to know a helicopter pilot who flew Santa in and out of
a small field in town,

[...]

I guess as the world gets more and more populated, the Reindeer just
don't cut it anymore...

Didn't you hear? He had to switch to something else, 'cause the
reindeer
kept burning up from the air friction.
[...]

I guess as the world gets more and more populated, the Reindeer just
don't cut it anymore...

Didn't you hear? He had to switch to something else, 'cause the
reindeer
kept burning up from the air friction.

*** REply ****

I thought it was because the reindeer flatulence was doing in the
ozone.

--

FF

Old December 8th 04, 05:50 PM

PJ Hunt on Dec 7, 3:04 pm wrote:

"Gig Giacona" wr.giacona@ wrote

In NJ you can't land anywhere except and approved landing facility,.

.. .
NJ Statues

6:1-2. Definitions
As used in this chapter:
landing or taking off while engaged in carrying passengers for hire

or
reward or instructing students for hire or reward

This statute applies to commercial operations.

So you CAN go alone or take your friends, as long as you don't charge
them
or receive a reward, and land in all the fields you want without prior
permission from the 'commission. Of course you would want to approve it
with the land owner first.

**** Reply ***

That is what I thought at first too. However the section dealing with
emergency landings appears to prohibit, without regard to com-
mercial operation, non-emergency landings at non-licecensed fields.
But maybe I need to read it again 2-3 more times.

--

FF

Old December 8th 04, 08:07 PM
Slip'er

Yes. Santa's sleigh is for sale on ASO! I sent a message asking whether
the red G-suit came with the sleigh, as an 8+1 reindeer powered sleigh has
serious G-forces on take-off. The seller replied:

Thank you for your interest in the sleigh. Since Santa is very busy

this time of year, I'm helping him with the sale of his pre-owned

sleigh.

Excellent question. Mrs. Claus is the sole supplier of Santa's red,

fur lined, soot resistant G-Suit with a built in auto heater. Due

to Santa's ever-increasing waistline (too many cookies), Mrs. Claus

is constantly making new suits for him. As every suit requires a

tremendous amount of labor, she unfortunately would not be able to

supply the sleigh buyer with one. She recommended checking with NASA for a
similar version.

Please let us know if you have any further questions and have a

wonderful holiday season!

Best regards,

The Honorary Elves at ASO

Carl Hixon wrote:

A I R C R A F T S H O P P E R O N L I N E S A L E S L E A D

To: Claus Craft Corporation

Aircraft: 2004 - Santa's Sleigh (SCLAUSE)

From: Carl Hixon

Telephone: 858-967-8712 (Daytime)

E-Mail:

Location: US

Buyer rates self as: Definitely Buying

Purchase Time Frame: 1 - 12 months

Budget Minimum: $0000 Maximum: $50000

-------------------- Message --------------------

Does the Sleigh come with the red G-suit required to safely pilot an

8+1 reindeer configured sleigh? I am unaware of a private source for

said suit and fear blackout upon takeoff.

ASO Message ID 386574 ASO Ad number 86820

Please contact us if you have difficulty reaching this buyer.

E-Mail:
FAX: (415) 927-9441 Phone: (415) 927-2255

"Judah" wrote in message
. ..
zatatime wrote in
:

Old December 8th 04, 10:05 PM
Blueskies

"C Kingsbury" wrote in message ink.net...

"Drew Dalgleish" wrote in message

Wow sucks to be you guys. In Canada we can pretty much land and take
off wherever we please

Benefits of having a country the size of the lower 48 but the population of
New York.

-cwk.

So much for Freedom, eh?

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
Bu$h Jr's Iran-Contra -- The Pentagone's Reign of Terror PirateJohn Military Aviation 1 September 6th 03 10:05 AM