A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Glider Fire Sale

Old April 3rd 20, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Glider Fire Sale

Also if anyone has a russia AC-5m that you know of or are not flying, I would be seriously interested.
Dan
Old April 3rd 20, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Glider Fire Sale

Since we've drifted this far, we are looking for a trailer for a Phoebus B. Preferably in Florida or the southeastern US.

Bruce Cynamon
Weirsdale Glider Club
Old April 3rd 20, 03:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Glider Fire Sale

No drift Bruce, your post is exactly on target for why I started this thread.
Dan
Old April 3rd 20, 07:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ryan Wubben
external usenet poster

Default Glider Fire Sale

Iā€™d be interested in a nice Ka-8b or something similar for my son
and I.

Ryan in Madison, WI

Old April 5th 20, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

Default Glider Fire Sale

On Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 12:21:48 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Question for u guys. Do you think we are going to see a massive glider fire sale after this china virus deal subsides? I wonder if this crisis and its associated lack of flying opportunities is going to convince many of the non-die-hard guys to leave the sport and divest themselves of many good older machines.

Why should this push someone to leave the sport? There will be a temporary shut-down of some glider operations, but the crisis will be over in a month or two. That could result in a pent-up demand to go flying after the lock-downs are lifted.

Clearly, selling a glider these days is a challenge (speaking as someone who has a motorglider for sale - hey, you don't need a tow pilot!). And that could persist for some time as people aren't working.

Tom
Old April 5th 20, 02:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Glider Fire Sale

"Why should it cause someone to leave the sport?"-
Answer: 'cause they're dead!
Old April 5th 20, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh
external usenet poster

Default Glider Fire Sale

All us aged male pilots who wish our heirs get the best benefit for our estates need to let our executors know exactly where the documents are and how to retrieve them.
Old May 7th 20, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Glider Fire Sale

Sad story and maybe somebody can help....

In early February, a good friend was killed in his AC-4C Russia glider. Now I'm helping his wife through some of the process of selling some of his outstanding equipment:

1. A meticulous trailer.
2. An unfinished AC-4C kit, still in the crate, that came from Aviastroitel in Russia. The plan was for his brother to complete the kit (sadly, his brother passed away from cancer a couple of years ago). I think it's taking up space in the barn....you would need a flat bed truck/trailer to move this thing. I DO NOT think it was a perfect kit...there maybe have been defects in the factory assembly of wings (maybe curing rates? maybe molds, I don't exactly know). However, parts wise, you'd have a set of never-used flight controls, linkage, seat pan, etc.

Looking for advice on selling, pricing, and maybe somebody would want the kit....probably a current owner of an AC-4 that has space.

Kindly,
Erik van Weezendonk
Northern Virginia

Old May 7th 20, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster
external usenet poster

Default Glider Fire Sale

On Thursday, May 7, 2020 at 2:34:46 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Sad story and maybe somebody can help....

In early February, a good friend was killed in his AC-4C Russia glider. Now I'm helping his wife through some of the process of selling some of his outstanding equipment:

1. A meticulous trailer.
2. An unfinished AC-4C kit, still in the crate, that came from Aviastroitel in Russia. The plan was for his brother to complete the kit (sadly, his brother passed away from cancer a couple of years ago). I think it's taking up space in the barn....you would need a flat bed truck/trailer to move this thing. I DO NOT think it was a perfect kit...there maybe have been defects in the factory assembly of wings (maybe curing rates? maybe molds, I don't exactly know). However, parts wise, you'd have a set of never-used flight controls, linkage, seat pan, etc.

Looking for advice on selling, pricing, and maybe somebody would want the kit....probably a current owner of an AC-4 that has space.

Kindly,
Erik van Weezendonk
Northern Virginia

I think before you could put a value on the kit, you'd need to know exactly what the problem with it was first. Are there any parts missing? Would the kit fit in the other AC-4 trailer and could it be purchased as a package deal?
Old May 8th 20, 01:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen Szikora
external usenet poster

Default Glider Fire Sale

Russian workers and vodka.