Flight planning software

Old April 10th 06, 05:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Flight planning software

Recently, I found a link to a very simple, yet useful flight planning sight.
If I recall properly I was able to enter the departure and destination
airports, and it calculated initial heading, distance, etc. I believe that I
saw it here. Anybody know what I'm talking about? Thanks in advance for your
help.

Old April 10th 06, 05:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I don't know if this is the one you are talking about but you might take a
look at the one on WWW.LANDINGS.COM . Also, if you are a member of AOPA they
have one that is not too bad. I use the AOPA one all the time.

Harry
PP-ASEL
San Antonio, TX

Old April 10th 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Harry,

Do you have any problems with AOPA RTFP giving you a plan without winds.
I cannot make the program use the winds. I can go to the weather tab and
use all the features there. But in the plan flight mode, it just will
not go out and get the winds as necessary. I am working with AOPA on the
issue. Currently, they are stumped. Until then I continue to use Cirrus
5.0 in the internet mode.

Ross
KSWI

Old April 10th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"GE" wrote in message

Recently, I found a link to a very simple, yet useful flight planning

sight.

If I recall properly I was able to enter the departure and destination
airports, and it calculated initial heading, distance, etc. I believe
that

saw it here. Anybody know what I'm talking about? Thanks in advance for

your

help.

Ross,
I saw this somewhere else. Click on the course "line" and then right
click on the course line. You can then pick properties and you can
input the wind data from the briefing. The drawback is that it uses
those winds for the whole flight.
Chris
Old April 10th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I know I can do that, but according to AOPA this program should pick up
the winds aloft and calculate your flight plan. The "tech" that I have
talked to said it worked fine for him on the same route that I have been
experimenting with.

Ross

Old April 10th 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"GE" wrote in message

Recently, I found a link to a very simple, yet useful flight planning

sight.

If I recall properly I was able to enter the departure and destination
airports, and it calculated initial heading, distance, etc. I
believe that

saw it here. Anybody know what I'm talking about? Thanks in advance
for

your

help.

Ross,
I saw this somewhere else. Click on the course "line" and then right
click on the course line. You can then pick properties and you can
input the wind data from the briefing. The drawback is that it uses
those winds for the whole flight.
Chris

It seems I've never been able to get it to import the winds
automatically either. Which is why most of the time, I'll use Golden Eagle.
Old April 10th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

It seems I've never been able to get it to import the winds automatically either. Which is why most of the time, I'll use Golden Eagle.

Some otherwise legitimate programs use parts of IE, and if IE has its
security set too high or has parts disabled (usually for good reason),
those programs would not work. Find out from the tech whether this
might be the case.

Jose
--
The price of freedom is... well... freedom.