Smart Turbo Diesel or VW Lugo Diesel

Old December 23rd 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
karel

Default Smart Turbo Diesel or VW Lugo Diesel

"karel" wrote in message

"Philippe Vessaire" wrote in message

And for 2007, Subaru will built a 2l5 flat four diesel....

That sounds very interesting!
Any pointers /web links?
Indications of cooling (liquid/air) ?
Turbo? (I should think yes)

Voici ce que me revelait une petite recherche:

( copied from http://blogs.edmunds.com/.ee8fe18 ,
hope this is ok copyrightwise ) :

copy
Subaru is working on a boxer diesel for the European market for 2007. The
engine reportedly will be offered in the Legacy, and probably will be
offered in the Forester too.
Rumors have it as a 2.2L engine, and most likely also turbocharged. I would
also expect to see Subaru using an ally block and head, like many modern car
diesels. My guess is that Subaru also has a larger version for the
Euro-Tribeca. if you add a pair of cylinders to the 2.2 H-4, you end up with
a 3.3 H-6, which would be perfect for the larger Tribeca.
/copy

Those who master the Teuton language may consult
http://www.kfzbetrieb.de/news/kb_beitrag_1806484.html
which has even less factual info, and is almost 2 years old.

Old December 24th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
bbutlergps

karel wrote:
"karel" wrote in message

[...]

Also keep in mind that Honda has been putting out an all allunium about
that size in Europe for the last several years.
Bill

Old December 24th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack

("bbutlergps" wrote)
Those who master the Teuton language may consult
http://www.kfzbetrieb.de/news/kb_beitrag_1806484.html
which has even less factual info, and is almost 2 years old.

Also keep in mind that Honda has been putting out an all allunium about
that size in Europe for the last several years.

H-h-h-h-h-onda diesel? Details, if you have them, PLEASE...

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/car-reviews/car-and-driving/honda-fr-v-2.2-i-ctdi-diesel-1004491.html
2.2-Liter i-CTDi
139bhp
340Nm (torque)

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/car-reviews/car-and-driving/honda-civic-ctd-i-diesel-range-1003265.html
1.7-Liter CTDi (Isuzu/Honda)
100bhp
220Nm (torque)
1800rpm ...peak torque developed @

Montblack

Old December 24th 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
bbutlergps

Montblack wrote:
("bbutlergps" wrote)
Those who master the Teuton language may consult
http://www.kfzbetrieb.de/news/kb_beitrag_1806484.html
which has even less factual info, and is almost 2 years old.

Also keep in mind that Honda has been putting out an all allunium about
that size in Europe for the last several years.

H-h-h-h-h-onda diesel? Details, if you have them, PLEASE...

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/car-reviews/car-and-driving/honda-fr-v-2.2-i-ctdi-diesel-1004491.html
2.2-Liter i-CTDi
139bhp
340Nm (torque)

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/car-reviews/car-and-driving/honda-civic-ctd-i-diesel-range-1003265.html
1.7-Liter CTDi (Isuzu/Honda)
100bhp
220Nm (torque)
1800rpm ...peak torque developed @

Montblack

That is about it. The 1.7 is made by Isuzu is all allumiumn. I don't
have any weights. Perhaps somebody in the UK or Europe could give us
some more information on lightwieght automotive diesel?
Since we are such stick in the mud *******s here in the states.
Thanks,
Bill

Old December 24th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
bbutlergps

Montblack wrote:
("bbutlergps" wrote)
Those who master the Teuton language may consult
http://www.kfzbetrieb.de/news/kb_beitrag_1806484.html
which has even less factual info, and is almost 2 years old.

Also keep in mind that Honda has been putting out an all allunium about
that size in Europe for the last several years.

H-h-h-h-h-onda diesel? Details, if you have them, PLEASE...

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/car-reviews/car-and-driving/honda-fr-v-2.2-i-ctdi-diesel-1004491.html
2.2-Liter i-CTDi
139bhp
340Nm (torque)

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/car-reviews/car-and-driving/honda-civic-ctd-i-diesel-range-1003265.html
1.7-Liter CTDi (Isuzu/Honda)
100bhp
220Nm (torque)
1800rpm ...peak torque developed @

Montblack

I will also add that the 2.2 that is in the Civic is all aluminium as
well. I don't think Honda is putting in the 1.7 liter anymore.
The Isuzu engine was put into this airplane but it was the 1.5 liter
with a cast iron block. The power plant with PSRU, cooling and other
item brought it up to 300 lbs.
More information on this plane can be found at:
http://membres.lycos.fr/dieselis/sommaire.htm
Bill

Old December 24th 06, 09:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Philippe Vessaire

bbutlergps wrote:

Also keep in mind that Honda has been putting out an all allunium
about that size in Europe for the last several years.

But Diesel engines are always heavy.
We may expect flat 4 are lighter than L4 for same power..

--
Pub: http://www.slowfood.fr/france
Philippe Vessaire Ò¿Ó¬

Old December 24th 06, 09:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Philippe Vessaire

bbutlergps wrote:

2.2-Liter i-CTDi

Aluminium alloy bloc

1.7-Liter CTDi (Isuzu/Honda)

Cast iron block

That is about it. The 1.7 is made by Isuzu is all allumiumn. I don't
have any weights. Perhaps somebody in the UK or Europe could give us
some more information on lightwieght automotive diesel?

To day, you can't expect less than 110 kg for a running 100Hp diesel
engine conversion (Toyota or PSA bloc)
The Isuzu engine is heavier.
You may find this engine in Opel/Vauxall cars too.

By