Pesghes

Old August 20th 03, 04:00 PM
Simon Waddell

Default Pesghes

Last I heard, Peschges has closed down the vario business, with no plans for
aftersales service. All the VP owners I've encountered in Europe are pretty
upset. Although their website is still active there are no contact
details - maybe they just forgot to cancel the ISP contract.

Their phone number is +49 241 56 30 22. If you call, all you get is a poor
quality message in German, which I couldn't understand. If you speak
German, give it a try and post the translation here.

I remember their British agent telling me that Peschges were extraordinarily
secretive and wouldn't make any of the schematics etc available to support
local repairs - all repairs had to be done back at the factory.

As a VP6 owner, I'm interested in any more updates in this story although,
touch wood, it's still working fine for me.

Good luck

"Ken Hartley" wrote in message
Can any one help, I need to have a VP3 repaired as
the MC & wing loading adjusters do not effect the height
required.

Old August 20th 03, 08:24 PM
Ulrich Neumann

"Simon Waddell" wrote in message ...
Last I heard, Peschges has closed down the vario business, with no plans for
aftersales service. All the VP owners I've encountered in Europe are pretty
upset. Although their website is still active there are no contact
details - maybe they just forgot to cancel the ISP contract.

Their phone number is +49 241 56 30 22. If you call, all you get is a poor
quality message in German, which I couldn't understand. If you speak
German, give it a try and post the translation here.

I remember their British agent telling me that Peschges were extraordinarily
secretive and wouldn't make any of the schematics etc available to support
local repairs - all repairs had to be done back at the factory.

As a VP6 owner, I'm interested in any more updates in this story although,
touch wood, it's still working fine for me.

Good luck

The message is: "You have reached Peschges,Inc. We have closed down
our operations for the soaring avionics and are only active in
industrial electronics"
Next, you hear the all too familiar 'beep' to leave a message,
although I doubt if anybody will either listen to it or give you a
response.
Germany has been and will remain a customer service hell!

Ulrich Neumann
Libelle 'GM'

Old August 22nd 03, 01:08 AM
Alan

I have a VP3 that I'm willing to part with for, well, less money than a
repair. About 3 years ago it broke... I send it to Germany for repair and a
new internal battery. I never reinstalled it.

I intended to donate it to a non-profit club (for the tax deduction) but
never got around to advertising it. Do you want it? Any non-profit clubs
want a donation of valuable vario?

Seven One