Z's network?

Old December 20th 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
olympusE1

Default Z's network?

....snip

One of the guys that used to fly with me on the airline used
to skydive with Zoom. And he said he was normal back then, and that
was back in either the late seventies or early eighties. But then
again, how normal is anyone who skydives :-)

....in the late 70s (1979, to be exact) he was being carted off from
Tulsa in a butterfly net by his daddy because he was caught
impersonating a doctor (using his grandfather's medical bag, white coat
and I.D.) and scheduling his girlfriend for a hysterectomy. here's a
few graphs of the Tulsa Tribune article:

Tulsa Tribune

Jan 4, 1979
Page 1A
" Doctor No
All 'physician' lacked was a license
By STEVE WARD

Dashing young Dr. James Campbell had a standing offer with co-workers
and
neighbors at his apartment complex: Call him if they needed a doctor.
They
called often. He came to the rescue of a woman having a heart attack,
gave
first aid to a girl with a bad cut on her forehead, treated an next
door
neighbor's baby who had a cold and was planning to perform surgery on
his
girlfriend.

Everyone liked Dr. Campbell. He told them he was a man of the world -
he
was working with the CIA, was a Vietnam veteran, a daredevil who once
tried
to parachute off the world trade center in New York City and was
licensed
to fly commercial jets. The only thing wrong was that Dr. Campbell,
who
practiced in Tulsa for four months, was not a doctor.

Campbell was described by his father as being a "schizophrenic" who has
tried to convince even his parents that he is a doctor, even though he
never has attended medical school, officers said. Yet he functioned in
Tulsa suburb as a doctor, although he apparently never performed
surgery,
until last week. Everyone who came in contact with him until recent
weeks
was impressed."

now, i don't know what, exactly, you use as a benchmark for normal, but
in this case the manifestations of, shall we say, abnormality showed up
rather early in life.

al

Old December 20th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
TSS7

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 23:40:51 +0000 (UTC),
(Paul Tomblin) wrote:

In a previous article, said:
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 13:29:19 -0600, "Montblack"
wrote:
("Paul Tomblin" wrote)
"throw him off the internet"? What the #$%* are you talking about? The
cure for bad speech is good speech, not censorship.

Fox News has a web site too.
So does CBS, ABC, ......and CNN :-)

Well yes, but I want exclusive aviation news. The networks seem to

You missed the point. Montblack and I were pointing out that much, much
bigger organizations that massage the news to fit their twisted world
views are posting on the internet every day.

http://www.newshounds.us/2006/11/15/..._news_memo.php

Oh, I absolutely agree with that. The one issue that really has me
steamed is that issue in the Jacksonville area that bans building a
hombuilt in your own garage. That's one that needs to be overturned.
If other cities get wind of it, it could spread. If a builder was in a
shop that was not visible from the outside, it would be an
unenforceable rule. But not every builder has that setup.
Old December 20th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
TSS7

That explains everything, it seems the insanity set in a lot earlier
than I had ever imagined. That being the case, we are wasting our time
with that dude, he's beyond help. Lawsuits won't make him any sainer.
The best that can be done is to spread the word far and wide about his
metal makup. Then the sain world will take his statements with the
proper perspective. But it's amazing how long someone can get away
with lies before some people find out the reason.

Old December 20th 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , TSS7 says...

That explains everything, it seems the insanity set in a lot earlier
than I had ever imagined. That being the case, we are wasting our time
with that dude, he's beyond help. Lawsuits won't make him any sainer.
The best that can be done is to spread the word far and wide about his
metal makup. Then the sain world will take his statements with the
proper perspective. But it's amazing how long someone can get away
with lies before some people find out the reason.

What he does is when things get to hot he lays low and waits for things to blow
over .And since we Americans have a short attentive span we move on to other
things and by then he has a whole new group of newbies to impress with his bull.
So until he is held accountable for what he has done to people the best we can
do is to periodically expose him for the fraud that he is.

Chuck S RAH-14/1 ret

"zoom can fool some of the people some of the time,most of the people none of
the time and jaun all the time"...........chuck s

Old December 20th 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:
snip

"zoom can fool some of the people some of the time,most of the people none of
the time and jaun all the time"...........chuck s

OK, Chuck, now you have gone too far. You can expect a formal demand
for retraction from your nearest United Fool's Organization, in your
case it's UFO local OU812. How dare you insult fools by comparing them
to yawn? You should be ashamed of yourself and check yourself into the
Moonlight Bunny Ranch in Nevada for counseling.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old December 20th 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Dan says...

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:
snip

"zoom can fool some of the people some of the time,most of the people none of
the time and jaun all the time"...........chuck s

OK, Chuck, now you have gone too far. You can expect a formal demand
for retraction from your nearest United Fool's Organization, in your
case it's UFO local OU812. How dare you insult fools by comparing them
to yawn? You should be ashamed of yourself and check yourself into the
Moonlight Bunny Ranch in Nevada for counseling.

Gee Dan I had no idea I was insulting the fools,I guess it was kinda like the
Caveman commercials.So I suppose I should seek counseling and get myself a tin
foil pyramid hat to wear until I see the error of my ways.So I'm on the way to
Nevada , Uh by the way I didn't know they raised Rabbits in Nev.hmm wonder what
kind?....are they free ranging or penned? I guess I'll find out.

See ya

Chuck S

Old December 21st 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
J.Kahn

olympusE1 wrote:
[...]

Can the original article be posted somehow? The online Tulsa Tribune
archive only goes back to '89.

John
Old December 21st 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

"TSS7" wrote in message
Is it the general consensus that Zoom's Aero News Network is not
completely trustworthy? It would seem he is just re-posting news he
gets from some source. But I wonder if he doesn't "doctor up" the
articles himself. If he's doing that, then they should throw him off
the internet. I wonder if there is proof of him doing just that??
I've read his website, but I get the feeling he's censoring the news.

LMAO! Censoring the news???? LOL! I suppose you believe the story your mama
told you that every news media outlet in the US prints all the news it gets
and never once edits anything.

IQ's are dropping like rocks around here.

Old December 21st 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote in message
In article , TSS7 says...

That explains everything, it seems the insanity set in a lot earlier
than I had ever imagined. That being the case, we are wasting our time
with that dude, he's beyond help. Lawsuits won't make him any sainer.
The best that can be done is to spread the word far and wide about his
metal makup. Then the sain world will take his statements with the
proper perspective. But it's amazing how long someone can get away
with lies before some people find out the reason.

What he does is when things get to hot he lays low and waits for things to
blow over .

That sentence describes you much better than him. Other difference is Jim
follows up on what he says he will do. You just run at the mouth, and that's
it. All bark, no bite.