Anyone know what happened to Sky Life Flying Camp?

Old June 7th 13, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc

Default Anyone know what happened to Sky Life Flying Camp?

I attended Sky Life in the early 90's and I believe I was in one of the last groups to pass through the camp. I attended 2 years, 92 and 93. In 1993 The camp was shut down amidst allegations of sexual misconduct by Lee Barnes. There was one questionable action on his part during my stay in 93, and I was questioned by authorities the night before my departure, however I had nothing negative to say about my treatment. I never followed up on the story and information was not as easy to come by being from IL. What I've told is the extent of my knowledge and I'd be very interested in more info.. I too studied under Jay Treat and would love to get back in touch.
Old December 1st 13, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc

I attended a camp weekend back in 1975. The group I was with were all first-timers there. We were required to strip down to our underwear and stand together blindfolded at parade rest in a room in the house. I was later groped by Lee Barnes. While I was still blindfolded he made me get down on my knees and open my mouth. Knowing I came from a bible church he tried to convince me that the reason Jesus surrounded him self with male disciples was that he was gay. I never went back.

Now I'm sitting here trying to decide whether to post what I've written. I can testify that Lee Barnes was a pedophile and a predator. I can't speak to the question of what his staff did or didn't know; did or didn't engage in.

I hope this helps anyone else who might have been a victim of Barnes and the Sky Life experience.
Old January 7th 14, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc

During my pre-solo exam I was blinfolded, placed in front of Lee and his apostles in my underwear in a hot room. Someone pulled my underwear down to my ankles and I was quized about flight principles. He was indeed a pedophile.