KOSU Arrival ATIS

Old April 6th 07, 05:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
john smith[_2_]

Default KOSU Arrival ATIS

From EAA HOTLINE v7#14

NEW EAA AIRVENTURE ARRIVAL ATIS FREQUENCY TO BE USED
The FAA will use a new frequency for the AirVenture 2007 Arrival ATIS
this year. The frequency will have a higher-powered transmitter,
allowing pilots at a distance from Oshkosh to receive ATIS information
sooner. This is one the important changes that will appear in the 2007
EAA AirVenture NOTAM, and all pilots planning to fly in to Wittman
Regional Airport during the week are urged to obtain a copy.

Think they will tell us anymore than they have in the past?
Old April 6th 07, 01:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ron Natalie

john smith wrote:

Think they will tell us anymore than they have in the past?

What would you like to know? Yes, this year they could have
done a better job on the two incidents that involved closing
the runway, but it's hard when you're trying to deal with
those incidents to worry about whether people coming in should
hold or divert.

The big issue is that you got a lot of people who are by NOT
familiar with Oshkosh (having never flown in their before) and
these people need all the advance notice they can get from
procedures. Another problem with the old frequency was that
it was actually in use by ATC and when blazing up from Milwaukee
you'd actually hear planes talking to ATC on it.

Old April 6th 07, 01:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Blueskies

Default KOSH Arrival ATIS

"john smith" wrote in message ...
: From EAA HOTLINE v7#14
:
: NEW EAA AIRVENTURE ARRIVAL ATIS FREQUENCY TO BE USED
: The FAA will use a new frequency for the AirVenture 2007 Arrival ATIS
: this year. The frequency will have a higher-powered transmitter,
: allowing pilots at a distance from Oshkosh to receive ATIS information
: sooner. This is one the important changes that will appear in the 2007
: EAA AirVenture NOTAM, and all pilots planning to fly in to Wittman
: Regional Airport during the week are urged to obtain a copy.
:
: Think they will tell us anymore than they have in the past?

Maybe they will have the right identifier on the subject line...

;-)

Old April 6th 07, 01:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Ron Natalie said:
procedures. Another problem with the old frequency was that
it was actually in use by ATC and when blazing up from Milwaukee
you'd actually hear planes talking to ATC on it.

I had that problem crossing Lake Michigan in 2005. Then ATIS was saying
that the camping was full, but when we landed there were plenty of spots.

Personally, I think they should tell people who don't have the NOTAM to
get the **** out of the airspace rather than tying up the frequency like
that moron last year.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of
Old April 6th 07, 01:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
john smith[_2_]

In article ,
"Blueskies" wrote:

Maybe they will have the right identifier on the subject line...

Read back error.
Being based out of KOSU, I typed what I am used to,
Besides, look at the posting time.
Old April 6th 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ron Natalie

Paul Tomblin wrote:

I had that problem crossing Lake Michigan in 2005. Then ATIS was saying
that the camping was full, but when we landed there were plenty of spots.

Spots on the field open and close throughout the show. Combine this
with the fact that there are no fewer than three classes of parking
these days because of endless turf wars between homebuilders, warbirds,
antique/classic, etc...

Personally, I think they should tell people who don't have the NOTAM to
get the **** out of the airspace rather than tying up the frequency like
that moron last year.

That would work for me. Tell them to go to Appleton and read the NOTAM.
But sometimes it's better to get the idiots out of the air and on the
ground where they can do less harm.
Old April 6th 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Blueskies

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message m...
:
:
: That would work for me. Tell them to go to Appleton and read the NOTAM.
: But sometimes it's better to get the idiots out of the air and on the
: ground where they can do less harm.

They should also be written up for not having all the information pertinent to the flight...

Old April 6th 07, 02:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Steven P. McNicoll

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...

That would work for me. Tell them to go to Appleton and read the NOTAM.
But sometimes it's better to get the idiots out of the air and on the
ground where they can do less harm.

The NOTAM has arrival procedures for Appleton as well. Perhaps an airport
less impacted by the event would be a better choice.

Old April 6th 07, 02:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ron Natalie

Blueskies wrote:
"Ron Natalie" wrote in message m...
:
:
: That would work for me. Tell them to go to Appleton and read the NOTAM.
: But sometimes it's better to get the idiots out of the air and on the
: ground where they can do less harm.

They should also be written up for not having all the information pertinent to the flight...

Frankly, the last thing we need is FAA enforcement trolling around for
business at Oshkosh.
Old April 6th 07, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Steven P. McNicoll

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...

Frankly, the last thing we need is FAA enforcement trolling around for
business at Oshkosh.

Probably. But it wouldn't hurt to have greater enforcement of FARs that
actually have an adverse affect on others.