Express crash

Old July 29th 03, 05:32 PM
David Lednicer

Default Express crash

Express Aircraft's Larry Olson crashed and died on the way to Oshkosh.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...20&slug=SD%20P
lane%20Crash

Old July 29th 03, 05:48 PM
Patrice Thériault

This link work :
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...lane%20 crash

Old July 29th 03, 09:08 PM
Toks Desalu

Oh no!

"David Lednicer" wrote in message

Express Aircraft's Larry Olson crashed and died on the way to Oshkosh.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...=6420&slug=SD%
20P
lane%20Crash

Old July 29th 03, 09:20 PM
Joe Chisolm

Toks Desalu wrote:

Oh no!

"David Lednicer" wrote in message

Express Aircraft's Larry Olson crashed and died on the way to Oshkosh.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...=6420&slug=SD%
20P
lane%20Crash

This is really sad news. Larry was a great guy and
helped many Express builders during difficult times.
Does anyone have info on which Express he was flying?

Larry will be missed....

--
Joe Chisolm - Arizona

All accounts located in Arizona.
Old July 29th 03, 10:54 PM
Big John

My apologies to all.

Tried to forward via e-mail to my SIL in Seattle.

Must have hit the wrong button (glad I'm not flying with all the
mistakes I am making (

Big John

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:27:35 -0500, Big John
wrote:

Robert

Go to link to see data on Lawrence Olson's "Express" crash.

You may have known him?

Love to all.

Dad

This link works :

Old July 30th 03, 04:19 AM
Ken Sandyeggo

David Lednicer wrote in message ...
This is really sad news. Larry was a great guy and
helped many Express builders during difficult times.
Does anyone have info on which Express he was flying?

I'm pretty sure it was the 4-place turbine.

Wonder if it got gassed up with gasoline by mistake? Didn't he just refuel?
Old July 30th 03, 06:17 AM
Barnyard BOb --

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:54:19 -0500, Big John
wrote:

My apologies to all.

Tried to forward via e-mail to my SIL in Seattle.

Must have hit the wrong button (glad I'm not flying with all the
mistakes I am making (

Big John

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nonsense...
Bet I make as many mistakes as you do.
All you need is my 'foolproof' airplane.

Barnyard BOb - famous last words
Old July 30th 03, 05:28 PM
Big John

BOb

The only 'foolproof' airplane I have ever seen is one parked in a
hanger with the hanger doors closed and locked G

Been having some trouble with my computer and haven't found the cause
yet. Things changed and I didn't do anything to make change. Guess
it's 'Bill' just counting his money and doing his thing (selling
'beta' programs to the 'great unwashed masses') (

Know you were at Jay's. Didn't you go on to Osh with crowd this year?

On the Express crash. Do you remember 5-10 years ago one of the new
'plastic' birds crashed on way to Osh. Investigation showed that pilot
(a key man and salesman for company) had loaded the bird down with
brochures and other paper items and bird was way over max gross. He
took off from a field with a pretty high density altitude and crashed
either from overload or bad CG. Wonder if something similar happened
to the Express?

Will be interesting to see what investigation comes up with.

Wx forecast not good up in your part of county. Potato couch WX I
guess G

Have a good day.

Big John

Old July 30th 03, 09:30 PM
Barnyard BOb --

Big John wrote:

The only 'foolproof' airplane I have ever seen is one parked in a
hanger with the hanger doors closed and locked G

Even then, you best have it insured if it's worth anything.

Know you were at Jay's. Didn't you go on to Osh with crowd this year?

I never have gone to OSH.
You know how I hate people, in general. Well....
crowds have waaay too many people in them to suit me.

FWIW.... I have been seen at lil ol Sun n Fun.

On the Express crash. Do you remember 5-10 years ago one of the new
'plastic' birds crashed on way to Osh. Investigation showed that pilot
(a key man and salesman for company) had loaded the bird down with
brochures and other paper items and bird was way over max gross. He
took off from a field with a pretty high density altitude and crashed
either from overload or bad CG. Wonder if something similar happened
to the Express?

Nope.
My Alzheimer's has flared up again.

All I keep thinking is.....
Turbine homebuilts are not doing well, lately.

Wx forecast not good up in your part of county. Potato couch WX I
guess G

Yeah, we are having our share of stink-o Wx.
Wanna bet it ends the same day as OSH?

Barnyard BOb --
Old August 3rd 03, 04:03 PM
Ron Wanttaja

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:28:40 -0500, Big John wrote:

On the Express crash. Do you remember 5-10 years ago one of the new
'plastic' birds crashed on way to Osh. Investigation showed that pilot
(a key man and salesman for company) had loaded the bird down with
brochures and other paper items and bird was way over max gross. He
took off from a field with a pretty high density altitude and crashed
either from overload or bad CG. Wonder if something similar happened
to the Express?

Don't know yet, of course, but that previous crash was an Express as well.
The crash ended the previous incarnation of the company.

The NTSB online report is pretty terse, but it doesn't mention CG being an
issue.

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...12X23819&key=1

Ron Wanttaja