Rangel wants to draft 18-42 to continue with the war for Israel agenda

Old November 20th 06, 08:30 AM posted to soc.veterans,alt.military.retired,alt.military,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
SeaWoe

Default Rangel wants to draft 18-42 to continue with the war for Israel agenda

I've been Republican most of the tiime since the mid-1960s.

Some years ago I saw a TV interview with a Don King look-alike
representative from New York.. For some reason, I liked whatever he was
saying and almost every time since then when I have seen / heard him on
the air, I have found him saying something that I had said or thought
myself.
Obviously, I'm with him on this issue, as is my retired CDR.sister
(1954 -1974) I still wish that he would get a hair-cut.. and I wish I
had hair to cut.

SeaWoe

http://www.itszone.co.uk/zone0/viewt...=309424#309424

Old November 21st 06, 12:39 AM posted to soc.veterans,alt.military.retired,alt.military,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
POIUYT

Well, we cannot attack the Bush twins nor any others their age or families
because we still have an all volunteer force. No one is forced into uniform
nowadays and I believe that is just plain wrong.

EVERY AMERICAN should spend some time in uniform and somewhere overseas to
finally appreciate what we have here.

The boys go fight and get blown up and shot at while the girls stay in
support functions where they may be a little safer. Iraq is special now
because no place is any safer than any other so many of our girls get hurt
and killed anyway.

Charlie Rangel is just about sensible enough to be a true Conservative if
his views on anything else are as sound.

I SO MUCH HATE having to agree with a Democrat!!!

But, what is right is just - RIGHT!

....and the left is wrong!

"tomcervo" wrote in message
oups.com...

POIUYT wrote:
BUT SERIOUSLY -

I have ALWAYS advocated mandatory military service! We learn things
while
in uniform, especially in war time that cannot be learned anywhere else
and
everyone who has gone thru has come out a much better person for it.

AND - before you loud liberals start talking crap - I served for a little
over 20 years in uniform and was in MANY messes from Vietnam thru Desert
Storm.

From his bio:

"Congressman Rangel served in the U.S. Army from 1948-52, during which
time he fought in Korea and was awarded the Purple Heart and Bronze
Star. "

So he's coming from a similar place as you. He does this every so
often, when millionaires in the Congress and the Chattering Classes
start talking about enforcing America's strength in the world--whose
sinews don't include any of their children or their friends' children.
I mean, who's seen Jenna and Not-Jenna lately? I know the press office
says they're in Africa, changing diapers on AIDS babies, at least the
ones who make it to the resort beaches.

Old November 21st 06, 12:39 AM posted to soc.veterans,alt.military.retired,alt.military,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
POIUYT

I have NO PROBLEM with sexism in this case!

"Joe King" wrote in message

"POIUYT" wrote in message
Only draft males - allow females to volunteer only.

That would be sexist and illegal.

ups.com...

Old November 21st 06, 01:53 AM posted to soc.veterans,alt.military.retired,alt.military,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

"POIUYT" wrote in message

Well, we cannot attack the Bush twins nor any others their age or families
because we still have an all volunteer force. No one is forced into
uniform nowadays and I believe that is just plain wrong.

EVERY AMERICAN should spend some time in uniform and somewhere overseas to
finally appreciate what we have here.

No freedom-loving American advocates forcing anyone into uniform.

Old November 21st 06, 02:00 AM posted to soc.veterans,alt.military.retired,alt.military,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Daryl Hunt

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
nk.net...

"POIUYT" wrote in message

Well, we cannot attack the Bush twins nor any others their age or
families because we still have an all volunteer force. No one is forced
into uniform nowadays and I believe that is just plain wrong.

EVERY AMERICAN should spend some time in uniform and somewhere overseas
to finally appreciate what we have here.

No freedom-loving American advocates forcing anyone into uniform.

One can be a freedom loving American but have to understand the price. I
know of a whole two generations that paid that price. If we aren't willing
to pay that price then we don't deserve freedom.

Old November 21st 06, 02:26 AM posted to soc.veterans,alt.military.retired,alt.military,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Peter Skelton

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 19:00:01 -0700, "Daryl Hunt"
wrote:

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
ink.net...

"POIUYT" wrote in message

Well, we cannot attack the Bush twins nor any others their age or
families because we still have an all volunteer force. No one is forced
into uniform nowadays and I believe that is just plain wrong.

EVERY AMERICAN should spend some time in uniform and somewhere overseas
to finally appreciate what we have here.

No freedom-loving American advocates forcing anyone into uniform.

One can be a freedom loving American but have to understand the price. I
know of a whole two generations that paid that price. If we aren't willing
to pay that price then we don't deserve freedom.

The last time you went for a slave army, it didn't work out too
well.

Peter Skelton
Old November 21st 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 01:53:29 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

"POIUYT" wrote in message

Well, we cannot attack the Bush twins nor any others their age or families
because we still have an all volunteer force. No one is forced into
uniform nowadays and I believe that is just plain wrong.

EVERY AMERICAN should spend some time in uniform and somewhere overseas to
finally appreciate what we have here.

No freedom-loving American advocates forcing anyone into uniform.

Damn straight. That son of a bitch FDR who instituted a PEACETIME
draft must have been a real tyrant.

please note the tongue stuck firmly in the cheek when considering the
above comment

Bill Kambic
Haras Lucero, Kingston, TN
Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão
Old November 21st 06, 04:30 AM posted to soc.veterans,alt.military.retired,alt.military,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Bob Matthews

"POIUYT" wrote in message
Well, we cannot attack the Bush twins nor any others their age or
families because we still have an all volunteer force. No one is forced
into uniform nowadays and I believe that is just plain wrong.

EVERY AMERICAN should spend some time in uniform and somewhere overseas
to finally appreciate what we have here.

No freedom-loving American advocates forcing anyone into uniform.

One can be a freedom loving American but have to understand the price. I
know of a whole two generations that paid that price. If we aren't willing
to pay that price then we don't deserve freedom.

Ironically, freedom also requires us to tolerate drooling half-wits with
Internet access. Why don't give us a break and go back to teaching
junior college poli-sci?

Cheers

==bob

Old November 21st 06, 06:27 AM posted to soc.veterans,alt.military.retired,alt.military,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
SeaWoe

POIUYT wrote:

EVERY AMERICAN should spend some time in uniform and somewhere overseas to
finally appreciate what we have here.

If they spend time examining the foreign society, they will note many
ways that we could improve our society here, too.
But, I'm sure some "USA is best" idiot will shut them up and not let us
get to be best.

SeaWoe