Why Airplanes Fly - Voids Above A Planar Sheet

Old October 7th 07, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

Default Why Airplanes Fly - Voids Above A Planar Sheet

I did some time ago offer the DSM (Diagnositic and Statistical Manual)
as the authoritive reference we shrinks use for characterizing mental
illness.

Often pathological labels are applied if a subject exhibits perhaps 5
of 8 different traits. Mr Mx presents as having more than enough to
earn several labels -- but troll is not (yet) considered a
pathological condition.

It's not nice to use technical language in a lay group, but some
things do not translate into plain English well so you'll have to put
up with it. "Loser" and "Nutty as a fruit cake" are the
characterizatrions I'd use. You can ask your personal psychologists to
translate them.

I know it's common here to question professional reference books, but
we need to use the DSM to get paid -- that's good enough for most of
us.

Old October 7th 07, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Tina wrote in news:1191727340.617845.323680
@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

[...]

I'm not that interested in Pidgeonholing him, but I think he certainly
dispays more than a few midly autistic tendencies. Whatever else may be
wrong with him, he's organically predisposed towards this sort of behaviour
(as opposed to having had his nose rubbed in his diapers for toilet
training, though I wouldn't dismiss that sceanrio out of hand either)

I am curious, though. I know the left /right brain thing is a bit
simplistic, but what did you make of my post on that?
Or is it outside your area?

Bertie

Old October 7th 07, 04:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote

Anthony was actually passed on to me by another troll who figured I
would get more use out of him than most. He's not a flashy k00k, like
Ralphie was, but he is dependable and pretty low maintenance. Someday
I'll get him out on the open road and see what he'll really od. Judging
from this glimpse of his k00kiness with teh sockpuppet I think he'll
really move!

Hammer down! Pedal to the metal! Open 'er up! Put yer foot into the
carburetor! Wrap her up tight! Wind her out!

Let's see; did I miss any of the sayings appropriate to the situation? g

I can't wait to see what he'll do, now!
--
Jim in NC

Old October 7th 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"Morgans" wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote

Anthony was actually passed on to me by another troll who figured I
would get more use out of him than most. He's not a flashy k00k, like
Ralphie was, but he is dependable and pretty low maintenance. Someday
I'll get him out on the open road and see what he'll really od.
Judging from this glimpse of his k00kiness with teh sockpuppet I
think he'll really move!

Hammer down! Pedal to the metal! Open 'er up! Put yer foot into the
carburetor! Wrap her up tight! Wind her out!

Let's see; did I miss any of the sayings appropriate to the situation?

nope!

I can't wait to see what he'll do, now!

Well, the sockpuppet is a nice touch and shows he has real potential. But I
always knew that!

Bertie
Old October 7th 07, 08:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Doe[_4_]

Le Chaud Lapin wrote:

A student's education is not the responsibility of the institut ion.
True understanding has been and always will be ultimately the
responsibility of the student.

Yep. And that's one reason USENET rocks.

If you had to accept only truth, you'd spend your entire life seeking
it instead of learning.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.
Old October 7th 07, 12:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Bertie the Bunyip writes:

If you don't like messign with him, then just ignore him yourself.
I can tell you this for free, though. If I was trolling this whole
group, I'd also be provoking you and anyone else who was continuously
crying about the presence of a troll. Anyone emotive is a godsend to a
troll. Anyone emotive about trolling even more so. A troll can wreak
havoc by provoking these sorts of personalities. This, of course, brings
more people into the fray and pretty soon it;s reached critical mass
with the topic of the group gone forever and the group only exising as a
giant rat hill with the occupants eventaully consuming each other.

I don't understand why anyone would find this entertaining.
Old October 7th 07, 12:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Tina writes:

I did some time ago offer the DSM (Diagnositic and Statistical Manual)
as the authoritive reference we shrinks use for characterizing mental
illness.

The DSM is subject to fashion, fads, and political correctness, just like
anything else.
Old October 7th 07, 12:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Tina writes:

I did some time ago offer the DSM (Diagnositic and Statistical Manual)
as the authoritive reference we shrinks use for characterizing mental
illness.

The DSM is subject to fashion, fads, and political correctness, just like
anything else.

So you get to change category frequently! How nice for you!

Bertie
Old October 7th 07, 12:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip writes:

If you don't like messign with him, then just ignore him yourself.
I can tell you this for free, though. If I was trolling this whole
group, I'd also be provoking you and anyone else who was continuously
crying about the presence of a troll. Anyone emotive is a godsend to
a troll. Anyone emotive about trolling even more so. A troll can
wreak havoc by provoking these sorts of personalities. This, of
course, brings more people into the fray and pretty soon it;s reached
critical mass with the topic of the group gone forever and the group
only exising as a giant rat hill with the occupants eventaully
consuming each other.

I don't understand why anyone would find this entertaining.

I know, It's part of wat makes you special.

Bertie
Old October 7th 07, 12:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

addendum (as we academics are apt to say)

Some time ago someone pointed out Mx on his blog was telling his fans
of just having enough money to buy a happy meal at McDonalds, a
regrettable situation for a 40 some year old ex patriot to find
himself in, in the city of lights. So it occurs to me that when he's
talking with pilots here whose airplanes drink at least 10 Big Macs an
hour there may be some envy in play.

I've had private clients who were depressed because they were
intellegent but not successful.

The real reason for not flying or traveling or being stuck at his
keyboard is likely because he doesn't have the resourses to do
otherwise. If he presented differently we might actually have sympathy
for him.

FAA advisory voids IFR certification for GPS's!!! Prime Owning 12 May 29th 07 01:43 AM
Brass or copper sheet? Scott Home Built 11 October 15th 06 02:20 AM
4130 sheet log Home Built 4 September 1st 04 01:42 AM
Day 2 New Castle Score Sheet Guy Byars Soaring 3 September 25th 03 02:39 AM
S-H Spars: Anyone check for voids laterally? Mark Grubb Soaring 1 September 20th 03 04:27 AM