"I want to thank Mayor Daley for tearing down his airport."

Old January 23rd 05, 05:48 PM
Ben Hallert

Well, they even appended it to the AOPA article:
UPDATE: Phil Boyer received a faxed letter today (January 13, 2005)
from Malkas. In his response Malkas told Boyer: "I'm sorry you
misunderstood the intention of my comments regarding the closing of
Meigs Field. ...The comments were meant to be sarcastic to Mayor
Daley's action." On the basis of emails to AOPA since the newspaper
story was published, members found Malkas' comments clear... and
inexcusable. "We all know the media can twist someone's words," Boyer
warned. "You never say something like that, not after what we've all
been through. Even if uttered in jest, that quote was way out of line."

Old January 23rd 05, 07:39 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Larry Dighera wrote:

I didn't see that. Perhaps you'd be good enough to provide it.

Tacked onto the original AOPA article -

UPDATE: Phil Boyer received a faxed letter today (January 13, 2005) from Malkas.
In his response Malkas told Boyer: "I'm sorry you misunderstood the intention
of my comments regarding the closing of Meigs Field. ...The comments were meant
to be sarcastic to Mayor Daley's action." On the basis of emails to AOPA since
the newspaper story was published, members found Malkas' comments clear... and
inexcusable. "We all know the media can twist someone's words," Boyer warned.
"You never say something like that, not after what we've all been through. Even
if uttered in jest, that quote was way out of line."

George Patterson
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.
Old January 24th 05, 02:43 AM
John Smith

If Boyer had been watching the "hen house (Meigs)" it probably still would
be open. Instead he is responding to inane statements like this.

This is the exact reason the AOPA is useless, for the most part, in regards
to GA.

ups.com...

Old January 24th 05, 04:00 AM
Larry Dighera

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:43:30 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote in
::

If Boyer had been watching the "hen house (Meigs)" it probably still would
be open.

What makes you think Boyer wasn't aware of the attempt to close Meigs
from the first?