Blue Angels 1973 Lakehurst Crash

Old December 6th 04, 12:23 AM
ramrod48

Default Blue Angels 1973 Lakehurst Crash

Does anyone know the circumstances surrounding the Blue Angels 1973
crash at Lakehurst NJ? I believe two planes were involved (including
the #1 plane).
Old December 6th 04, 02:00 AM
Yofuri

ramrod48 wrote:
Does anyone know the circumstances surrounding the Blue Angels 1973
crash at Lakehurst NJ? I believe two planes were involved (including
the #1 plane).

1973: Two pilots and a ground crew member, who was riding in the back
seat of a jet, were killed when a pair of Blue Angels F-4 Phantoms
collided over Lakehurst, N.J. A second ground crew member ejected safely.

http://www.umstead.org/marvinskip.html
Old March 2nd 13, 03:08 PM
John Tripp John Tripp is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrod48 View Post
Does anyone know the circumstances surrounding the Blue Angels 1973
crash at Lakehurst NJ? I believe two planes were involved (including
the #1 plane).
It has been quite a while since you ask. Yes I was there and saw about as much as I believe at that moment anyone could handle! I will be around hopefully should anyone like to hear my views on that Thursday July 26, 1973. I will try my best to write down all of what I saw.....John T.