NATCA Going Down in Flames

Old September 6th 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

Default NATCA Going Down in Flames

"Emily" wrote in message

So how is it now difficult to never require contact with ATC?

Because contact with ATC is not required to enter Class E airspace VFR.

Old September 6th 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
"Emily" wrote in message
So how is it now difficult to never require contact with ATC?

Because contact with ATC is not required to enter Class E airspace VFR.

Well, since I live miles from any airport that's NOT B or D, that would
be a little difficult, now wouldn't it? I know you understand the
concept of controlled airspace to the surface.
Old September 6th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Emily wrote:
Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
"Emily" wrote in message
So how is it now difficult to never require contact with ATC?

Because contact with ATC is not required to enter Class E airspace VFR.

Well, since I live miles from any airport that's NOT B or D, that would
be a little difficult, now wouldn't it? I know you understand the
concept of controlled airspace to the surface.

Make that, I know you understand the concept of B or D airspace to the
surface.
Old September 6th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
A. Sinan Unur

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
ink.net:

"A. Sinan Unur" wrote in message

Just like telecoms, electricity etc, right?

How about, renewable franchise licences with 5 year contracts, open
bidding competition for the franchise to operate an ATC for said
period. Infrastructure and services provided by possibly different
firms.

Naaah, can't happen.

There's no competition there.

The competition is in the bidding stage.

Sinan
--
A. Sinan Unur
Old September 6th 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

"Emily" wrote in message
. ..

Well, since I live miles from any airport that's NOT B or D, that would be
a little difficult, now wouldn't it?

Not at all. Move.

I know you understand the concept of controlled airspace to the surface.

I do. Would you like me to explain it to you?

Old September 6th 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

"Emily" wrote in message
. ..

Make that, I know you understand the concept of B or D airspace to the
surface.

Same response.

Old September 6th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

"A. Sinan Unur" wrote in message

The competition is in the bidding stage.

That's not good enough. The user doesn't get to bid.

Old September 6th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
"Emily" wrote in message
. ..
Well, since I live miles from any airport that's NOT B or D, that would be
a little difficult, now wouldn't it?

Not at all. Move.

Why would I want to do that. I don't have a problem with talking to
ATC. I'm simply pointing out, not to you, that avoiding controlled
airspace and ATC is not as easy as some people are making it seem.

I know you understand the concept of controlled airspace to the surface.

I do. Would you like me to explain it to you?

Don't be an ass.
Old September 6th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

"Emily" wrote in message
. ..

Why would I want to do that. I don't have a problem with talking to ATC.
I'm simply pointing out, not to you, that avoiding controlled airspace and
ATC is not as easy as some people are making it seem.

It can be very easy. You asked how it's not hard to fly 1000 hours in a
summer without entering Class B, C, or D airspace. One must assume you
asked because you did not know.

Old September 6th 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
"Emily" wrote in message
. ..
Why would I want to do that. I don't have a problem with talking to ATC.
I'm simply pointing out, not to you, that avoiding controlled airspace and
ATC is not as easy as some people are making it seem.

It can be very easy. You asked how it's not hard to fly 1000 hours in a
summer without entering Class B, C, or D airspace. One must assume you
asked because you did not know.

But you didn't answer my question.

How would *I* do it when I'm not remotely located near uncontrolled
airspace?