A heartfelt thank you

Old October 9th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default A heartfelt thank you

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all participants (well,
except for maniac) in this group. Lurking here, reading your stories,
arguments keeps the dream alive for me.

We may be a fickle bunch including myself, but when it comes down to
the world of flying, we join hands *smile*

If you ever find your way down to the deep south, look me up at KMBO.
I'll take you up for free as there is nothing like the pleasures of
sharing the magic of flight.

I will go back to lurking now.

Nah, don't do that, lurkers don't make the group what it is. If you
get board and want to see some of my flying video's go to
..http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=mbo%20lieberman. High
bandwidth recommended and you can download the videos to your local
computer (plays back better).

Welcome to our small corner of the world!

Allen

Old October 10th 06, 12:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Byrer

Glad to have ya...
We sometimes forget how many folks may be just lurking out
there...absorbing the info...or watching the fracas...
Best of luck with your training.

(If mxsmanic had posted an introduction along the same lines...he
might be more welcome here.)

--Don
Don Byrer KJ5KB
Radar Tech & Smilin' Commercial Pilot Guy
Glider & CFI wannabe
kj5kb-at-hotmail.com

"I have slipped the surly bonds of earth; now if I can just land without bending the gear..."
"Watch out for those doves...smack-smack-smack-smack..."
Old October 10th 06, 12:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

"A. Sinan Unur" wrote:

Maybe we'll run into each other one day. I have lived in Ithaca for almost
15 years now and the wonders of this region never cease to amaze me.

Do you go to the flying club's pancake breakfast held every year around
June right there at the airport? I have been attending those the past few
years.

Ithaca is a very pretty area and an excellent location to learn to fly.

--
Peter
Old October 10th 06, 12:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all participants (well,
except for maniac) in this group. Lurking here, reading your stories,
arguments keeps the dream alive for me.

Welcome, sir! You will find this to be an outstanding source of
information, inspiration, and (occasionally) frustration -- and it's
always good to remember that the advice you receive here is worth
precisely what you paid for it.

Just 12 years ago, I was in your shoes. In that decade-plus, aviation
has literally changed my life -- 100% for the better, I might add. My
wife and I have flown our kids from coast-to-coast, seeing things,
visiting places, and meeting people that would have been completely
impossible without general aviation.

Don't wait to take flight lessons! I hemmed and hawed and
procrastinated until I was 36 years old -- and I now regard the first
35 years of my life as time wasted standing on the ground, looking up.
It's a bit financially painful to get the certificate, but it's yours
for life. Just do it!

I will go back to lurking now.

Jump in from time to time, please. Students and wannabees are always
welcome here!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 10th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
A. Sinan Unur

"Peter R." wrote in
:

"A. Sinan Unur" wrote:

Maybe we'll run into each other one day. I have lived in Ithaca for
almost 15 years now and the wonders of this region never cease to
amaze me.

Do you go to the flying club's pancake breakfast held every year
around June right there at the airport? I have been attending those
the past few years.

Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to do that the last few years.

Ithaca is a very pretty area and an excellent location to learn to
fly.

That is correct. I have tried coming up with some 'creative accounting
techniques' to show that $6-7K over the next year would not be bad but
alas, I am no Enron ;-)

Sinan
--
A. Sinan Unur
Old October 10th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
A. Sinan Unur

"Jay Honeck" wrote in news:1160481206.442744.104370
@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Just 12 years ago, I was in your shoes. In that decade-plus, aviation
has literally changed my life -- 100% for the better, I might add. My
wife and I have flown our kids from coast-to-coast, seeing things,
visiting places, and meeting people that would have been completely
impossible without general aviation.

Thank you, Jay, for the encouragement. By the way, I love your hotel idea.
I also really enjoy the videos you post on your web site. Continued
success with your hotel.

Sinan

--
A. Sinan Unur
Old October 10th 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
A. Sinan Unur

" wrote in
oups.com:

If you ever find your way down to the deep south, look me up at KMBO.
I'll take you up for free as there is nothing like the pleasures of
sharing the magic of flight.

Thank you for the offer, Allen. One of aims is to see and expererience the
U.S. first hand. Not traveling in a tube from hub to hub but really
experiencing it. Given the twice annual trip back home I make, I can't
usually go on long trips but I have been exploring the Northeast corner
intensively by car.

I have been blabbering about a month-long driving trip around the country
and documenting it for awhile now. Who knows, maybe I can do that by
plane, and you can show me around Madison. There is a lot of history
there.

get board and want to see some of my flying video's go to
.http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=mbo%20lieberman.

I am watching the night landing at KMBO now. Unfortunately, archive.org
does not always cooperate. Thank you for sharing.

Sinan
--
A. Sinan Unur
Old October 10th 06, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

If you
get board and want to see some of my flying video's go to
.http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=mbo%20lieberman. High
bandwidth recommended and you can download the videos to your local
computer (plays back better).

I tried getting one of the videos, and it came back saying something (4 letter
something) decompression not found. I have a brand new install of XP pro, and
was surprised that it would not play for me. What's that all about? What
format do you use to view them?
--
Jim in NC

Old October 10th 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Don Byrer" wrote in message
Glad to have ya...
We sometimes forget how many folks may be just lurking out
there...absorbing the info...or watching the fracas...
Best of luck with your training.

(If mxsmanic had posted an introduction along the same lines...he
might be more welcome here.)

Nah. A schmuck is a schmuck, and they all show their true colors, after a time.
--
Jim in NC