On-Line Poll: Ban flights over New York?

Old October 12th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Default On-Line Poll: Ban flights over New York?

Dan Youngquist wrote:
(You'll have to hunt around a bit to find the NY Plane Crash story, now
that the "Lady killing her babies" story has jumped to #1...)

This should go directly to the poll:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/popup?id=2557941

Thanks for posting this. I went to their site earlier and couldn't find the
damned thing. Now I've gone and voted. I'll say this for the knee-jerk
reactionists in NYC: they know what they know. Which is next to nothing. It's
a shame.

I hope the mayor has enough influence to keep this accident into blowing up into
something bigger than it needs to be. After all, in the time it took for me to
type this I would expect at least as many New Yorkers died in automobile
accidents as died yesterday in that GA accident. Should they ban cars?

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old October 13th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
A. Sinan Unur

"Allen" wrote in
m:

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message

It took me to the poll itself the first time. Then to the results
when I tried it a second time. I guess we can't vote twice like in
Chicago!

It took me to the results the first time. I didn't get to vote once.

That is weird, when you vote it puts a file on your computer to
redirect you to the results page the next time. You can go into your
browser cache and delete all the crap abc puts in there when you go to
their site and vote as many times as you want. Maybe there is a way
to automate that

There is. It is trivial.

All online surveys suffer from sample selection bias, response bias and
non-response bias.

In addition, the phrasing of the question in this case is biased: It
only reminds the respondent of 9/11, which was a negative event with no
association to general aviation, but does not point out the percentage
of GA flights with no accidents or incidents of any sort.

In addition, the fact that the survey is not scientific is stated in
small font, tucked away at the bottom. *Sigh*

Sinan
--
A. Sinan Unur
Old October 13th 06, 01:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

Grumman-581 wrote:

Too bad one of the options on the poll is not "**** off"...

LOL. Gotta hand it to you former Marines.

--
Peter
Old October 13th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
.Blueskies.

:
: This should go directly to the poll:
: http://abcnews.go.com/US/popup?id=2557941
:
:
: Thanks for posting this. I went to their site earlier and couldn't find the
: damned thing. Now I've gone and voted. I'll say this for the knee-jerk
: reactionists in NYC: they know what they know. Which is next to nothing. It's
: a shame.
:
: I hope the mayor has enough influence to keep this accident into blowing up into
: something bigger than it needs to be. After all, in the time it took for me to
: type this I would expect at least as many New Yorkers died in automobile
: accidents as died yesterday in that GA accident. Should they ban cars?
:
:
: --
: Mortimer Schnerd, RN
: mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

I like the 'Nothing happened in NYC yesterday' post someone else posted.

Also, based on the corridor dimensions, that means that ATC could clear a 747 to fly up the river there at 1500'? That
would get some folks attention....

Old October 13th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
"Matt Whiting" wrote in message

It took me to the poll itself the first time. Then to the results when I
tried it a second time. I guess we can't vote twice like in Chicago!

It took me to the results the first time. I didn't get to vote once.

Ah, the system knew you!

Matt
Old October 13th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Chilcoat

Someone on this group a few years ago reported looking out his office window
and seeing a C-5A heading up the Hudson at 1,000'.

"Hudson River Traffic, Galaxy northbound at the Intrepid, 1,000 feet, both
sides." :-)

m...

Old October 13th 06, 01:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_1_]

Bob Chilcoat wrote:

"Hudson River Traffic, Galaxy northbound at the Intrepid, 1,000 feet, both
sides." :-)

So true!

He could report his position as the heliport AND the bridge!

If the Galaxy was painted orange, they could write "STATEN ISLAND FERRY"
down the side and really freak people out!

Imagine the wake turbulence behind that bad boy...
Old October 13th 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Natalie

B A R R Y wrote:
Bob Chilcoat wrote:

"Hudson River Traffic, Galaxy northbound at the Intrepid, 1,000 feet,
both sides." :-)

So true!

He could report his position as the heliport AND the bridge!

If the Galaxy was painted orange, they could write "STATEN ISLAND FERRY"
down the side and really freak people out!

Imagine the wake turbulence behind that bad boy...

Being a traditionalist, I'd have painted Marine Avaition on it.
Having Marine on the C5 would make as much sense as having
Aviation on the ferry.
Old October 13th 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

Matt Whiting wrote:

Ah, the system knew you!

Apparently. I get email alerts of breaking news from ABC.

Old October 13th 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
PA-12

Here's the link to the poll: http://abcnews.go.com/US/popup?id=2557941
If you clear your cookies after you vote, you can vote early and vote
OFTEN.