Rhode Island ANG Airshow - Index

Old June 26th 07, 12:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Indrek Aavisto Indrek Aavisto is offline
Banned

Default Rhode Island ANG Airshow - Index

BH Tom wrote in
BH :

Seems like when you get one aspect of the photo right you then
encounter some new challenge to overcome. I still haven't been able
to just press the shutter and get that perfect shot.

BH You and Ansel Adams... =)

I see so many great photos posted to this group. My goal is to try
and mimic the excellent work posted here.

BH Looks like you are there already - great photos, Tom!

BH Bob ^,,^
BH

Concur. An excellent set of photos.

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult. W.S. Churchill

Old June 29th 07, 03:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
David Grist

Default Rhode Island ANG Airshow - Heritage

Tom!!!!

Thanks so much for capturing the shot I couldn't get. I saw this same view
from the Qounset "O" club (I was at a wedding). It was awesome to see that
live!

Again, THANKS!!!

"Tom" wrote in message
. ..
Heritage Flight...

Old June 29th 07, 01:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
B-Hate-Me

"Tom" wrote in message
. ..

I've posted an index here for the start of the thread and replied to the
thread with
the image files. I thought that would make things a little neater keeping
it in one
thread. Enjoy!

Tom

Nice pics, Tom. One question tho........ How did you get the shots that were
taken
ABOVE aircraft in flight?

Old June 30th 07, 11:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom[_2_]

Hello Group,

I've been out of town for the past week so I wasn't in a position to reply to any
posts. My humble thanks for the kind words from everyone! I've attached an image of
a Piper Float plane that did some practice landings at Pleasant Lake in Otisfield,
Maine while I was visiting over the past week.

As for my elevated position to take shots ABOVE the aircraft...I was on the concrete
flight line with all the other thousands of spectators. To be specific the surveyed
elevation is 18ft above sea level. Don't I wish I could've been on board that black
Helo doing photo work during the show...

B-Hate-Me - I believe what you maybe referring to is an illusion that telephoto
lenses create. The image elements are compressed causing them to appear as though
they are close together

Using the image of the F-15 Eagle posted in this thread it was traveling at high
speed from right to left in a knife edge pass. The clouds in the background together
with the aircraft traveling across the field of view can give the illusion that the
view is from above. With only the sky and cloud as reference points your eye and
mind can make you believe whatever it comes up with.

Other examples of the same illusion probably would be in the A-10 "On Guard" and the
F-22 "Raptor". "Heading to the Barn" is a good example of telephoto lens
compression. The line of aircraft heading directly towards the lens gives the
impression they're all close together when in fact there was significant spacing
between each. I hope this helps explain the illusion for you.

Tom

B-Hate-Me wrote:
"Tom" wrote in message
. ..
I've posted an index here for the start of the thread and replied to the
thread with
the image files. I thought that would make things a little neater keeping
it in one
thread. Enjoy!

Tom

Nice pics, Tom. One question tho........ How did you get the shots that were
taken
ABOVE aircraft in flight?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Piper PA-12 N4141M.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	13545
Old July 2nd 07, 08:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom[_2_]

I understand that there's going to be a show at Pease AFB on 8/18-19 to benefit the
brain injury foundation. Here's a link:

http://www.peaseairshow.com/archive/news060407.html

From the schedule it seems like there'll be some neat things to see...

B-Hate-Me wrote:
Gonna head down to Otis for the August show.

Old July 2nd 07, 09:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
B-Hate-Me

"Tom" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

It does Tom...Thanks.

Gonna head down to Otis for the August show.