Best all time fly boy pictures

Old February 21st 04, 11:53 PM
Dale Alexander

Default Best all time fly boy pictures

Hi all,

I'm trying to put together some kind of plan to increase our EAA chapter
membership. To that end, I would like to pick everyone's brains for their
favorite big screen movie that involves airplanes, either main to the plot
or of any background significance. Examples would be like "Flying Tigers"
with John Wayne or "Indiana Jones and the Search for the Holy Grail".

Thanks in advance,

Dale Alexander
"Birds of Paradise" EAA 735
Paradise, Ca.

Old February 22nd 04, 06:29 AM
Richard Lamb

Dale Alexander wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to put together some kind of plan to increase our EAA chapter
membership. To that end, I would like to pick everyone's brains for their
favorite big screen movie that involves airplanes, either main to the plot
or of any background significance. Examples would be like "Flying Tigers"
with John Wayne or "Indiana Jones and the Search for the Holy Grail".

Thanks in advance,

Dale Alexander
"Birds of Paradise" EAA 735
Paradise, Ca.

The Great Waldo Pepper! (Filmed right here at home!)

The Spirit of St. Louis?

The Rocketeer, kinda lame story, but great flying and
the female lead ain't half bad either!

But for wider audience appeal, the recent Pearl Harbor
might be a good one.

More a love story than a war story, but some good flying.
Old February 22nd 04, 01:19 PM
Stealth Pilot

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 06:29:35 GMT, Richard Lamb
wrote:

Dale Alexander wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to put together some kind of plan to increase our EAA chapter
membership. To that end, I would like to pick everyone's brains for their
favorite big screen movie that involves airplanes, either main to the plot
or of any background significance. Examples would be like "Flying Tigers"
with John Wayne or "Indiana Jones and the Search for the Holy Grail".

the english patient. (stearman and tiger moth)

out of africa. (magic gypsy moth flight across the african landscape)

Old February 23rd 04, 12:02 PM
acepilot

I'm with Richard...THE GREAT WALDO PEPPER! I love the story line (yes,
there seems to be a plot AND a lot of flying). My second favorite is
1955's, "Strategic Air Command" with Jimmy Stewart and June Allyson (not
sure how to spell her last name!). Great flying shots of the B-36 and
B-47, all in full color. Tells the story of how SAC got started...

Scott
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com/
Building RV-4
Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Old February 28th 04, 12:20 AM
Dale Alexander

Well, I want to thank you all.

You have given me quite a list. I ran this idea past one of our members last
night. What I would like to do is put up a theater of some sort at our
chapters main hanger. During the warmer months of the year I would like to
screen these films for our local town. A little blurb in the paper, come on
down and see a great flick, enjoy some cheap popcorn and drinks, bring the
kids and remember that we are here when we fly Young Eagles. Just trying to
think of a way to get our chapter in the back of the locals minds in a good
way.

Thanks again all,

Dale Alexander
Birds of Paradise EAA Chapter 735
Paradise, CA
Q88

Old February 28th 04, 12:52 AM
Richard Lamb

Dale Alexander wrote:

Well, I want to thank you all.

You have given me quite a list. I ran this idea past one of our members last
night. What I would like to do is put up a theater of some sort at our
chapters main hanger. During the warmer months of the year I would like to
screen these films for our local town. A little blurb in the paper, come on
down and see a great flick, enjoy some cheap popcorn and drinks, bring the
kids and remember that we are here when we fly Young Eagles. Just trying to
think of a way to get our chapter in the back of the locals minds in a good
way.

Thanks again all,

Dale Alexander
Birds of Paradise EAA Chapter 735
Paradise, CA
Q88

Dale, this in kinda over the top as suggestions go,
but I've ALWAYS wanted to see a bunch of sport planes
on display in the local mall...

Richard
Old February 28th 04, 01:02 AM
Rich S.

"Dale Alexander" wrote in message
. ..
Well, I want to thank you all.

You have given me quite a list. I ran this idea past one of our members

last
night. What I would like to do is put up a theater of some sort at our
chapters main hanger. During the warmer months of the year I would like to
screen these films for our local town. A little blurb in the paper, come

on
down and see a great flick, enjoy some cheap popcorn and drinks, bring the
kids and remember that we are here when we fly Young Eagles. Just trying

think of a way to get our chapter in the back of the locals minds in a

good
way.

There might even be some of us who would be happy to send you a tape. To
avoid duplications, you should publish a "want list" and have signups. Oh -
wait a minute. You're probably thinking of the original movies - not VHS.
Never mind.

Rich S.

Old March 8th 04, 07:37 AM
Regnirps

I'd go with:

The X-15 Story
Bridges at Toko Ri
Strategic Air Command
12 O'Clock High
Wings
Bird of Brey
Waldo Pepper
The Blue Max
Dawn patrol
The Battle of Britain (I almost bought one of the Spits later used in that
film. It was $20,000 in 1968!)

And the first "Airport" where Boing helped them work out the damage from a GA
plane stike. Heston is always good.

The flying in "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World" is pretty cool. Who flew that twin
through the billboard? Spectacular!

-- Charlie Springer
Old March 8th 04, 02:44 PM
SadlerVampire18

If you're just looking for Fun Aero Movies to add to the list:

* "Those Magnifisent Men in their Flying Machines"
* The new version of "Pearl Harbor" (for the flying scenes)
* "1941" (with John Belushi as a crazed Tomahawk Pilot defending the
California coast in the wake of Pearl Harbor - a must see)

IMHO
Bartman