Top Ten Things that Suck About Oshkosh

Old August 11th 07, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Top Ten Things that Suck About Oshkosh

I would hope they knew me by my real name, not Viperdoc. If not, they can
come in and line up for another set of rectal exams.

No wonder they didn't remember your face!

;-O
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 11th 07, 02:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...
I would hope they knew me by my real name, not Viperdoc. If not, they can
come in and line up for another set of rectal exams.

No wonder they didn't remember your face!

Go to your room, Jay. Any of them! g
--
Jim in NC

Old August 12th 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Margy Natalie

RST Engineering wrote:
If you didn't take your shirt off in public, Margy, you wouldn't have to
worry about protecting your trim tabs.

};-)

Jim

Margy (who one year spent almost every airshow protecting her trim tabs)

Hey, I was walking by some booth at OSH and some woman said "Hey, I know
you, you took your shirt off at the forum", boy, did I get some looks.

Margy
Old August 12th 07, 04:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Margy (who one year spent almost every airshow protecting her trim tabs)

Hmmm. Where does one go with such a statement? How does one
proceed?

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 12th 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JSBOUGHER

On Jul 31, 9:16 pm, john smith wrote:
"john smith" wrote
Homeland Security is having more say in who and where groups can play on
airports.

"Morgans" wrote:
Unless you know that what you are saying applies directly to Oshkosh, I have
to say that you don't know what you are talking about, in this case.
There are LARGE national conventions taking place at Oshkosh.
All there needs to be is a fence in-between where the people are staying and
having the convention, and where the runway access is, and the security
issue is moot.

That is exactly my point, Jim.
Fences are going up at every airport at each airport's expense.
Post 9/11 our airport manage was told they had to put up a fence and
control all access to the airport movement areas.
Time was anyone could walk out the door of the FBO and stroll around
looking at airplanes. Not anymore.

Flew out of Canton Akron Friday (CAK - Ohio). CAK has quite a bit of
regional airline traffic. My plane had been tied down for a week, and
I showed up at 11:15 pm to head home. FBO was closed. Drove to the
gate (could see my plane) and called the security number listed. Got
the Sheriff. He said he have someone call me. About 10 minutes
later, a Deputy called me. He didn't know gate code or procedure to
open it. I then called airport operations number I found on a
different sign attached to the fence. I explained my situation. They
said they'd send someone over. After 15 minutes of waiting, I called
back. They said they'd send someone over soon. After about another
20 minutes, an operation guy shows up with a Sheriff in tow. They
open gate, take my license number and escort me to my plane to make
sure key works. They sat on tarmac while I pre-flighted the plane,
started up and taxi'd out. I arrived at FBO at 11:15 and left the
ground at 12:45 due to delay. Hard to fault them, but life in the
post-9/11 world can really be a PITA sometimes.

Jeff