Circle to Land @ KRBG

Old April 13th 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Circle to Land @ KRBG

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message

Forgive my ignorance, but if there is VFR traffic in the pattern, why
would cancelling IFR not be permitted?

Company policy.

Old April 13th 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Forgive my ignorance, but if there is VFR traffic in the pattern, why
would cancelling IFR not be permitted?

Ops specs? VFR traffic is illegally flying in what is really IFR
conditions (not likely for a towered airport though)? Funny airspace
(such as the FRZ or DC ADIZ, where cancelling might be problematic,
though it might not be)

Jose
--
The price of freedom is... well... freedom.
Old April 13th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

There are no instrument approaches in Class G

"Gary Drescher" wrote in message
| "Dave Butler" wrote in message
| I'd say the statement on the chart about circling east
not authorized,
| which is regulatory, trumps the VFR traffic pattern,
which is AFAIK not
| regulatory, but a matter of custom established by the
airport management.

| FAR 91.126b "Direction of turns: When approaching to land
at an airport
| without an operating control tower in Class G airspace-(1)
Each pilot of an
| airplane must make all turns of that airplane to the left
unless the airport
| displays approved light signals or visual markings
indicating that turns
| should be made to the right, in which case the pilot must
make all turns to
| the right."
|
| The same requirement is imposed (except when ATC says
otherwise) for Class

Old April 13th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message

There are no instrument approaches in Class G

There are many instrument approaches in Class G airspace.

Old April 13th 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Instrument approaches are published for Class B,C,D and E
airspace. An instrument approach requires controlled
airspace and traffic separation. Class G is uncontrolled
and although there may be a Class G airport, the instrument
approach is conducted in the Class E over laid above the
Class G.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
message
ink.net...

Old April 13th 06, 05:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Class G VFR weather minumum during day time is 1sm visibility and clear
of clouds. At KRBG it's actually lower than the instrument approach
minimum.

If IFR all the way to the ground, then the circle to land should be
done according to the restriction of the IAP.

Old April 13th 06, 11:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Instrument approaches are published for Class B,C,D and E
airspace. An instrument approach requires controlled
airspace and traffic separation. Class G is uncontrolled
and although there may be a Class G airport, the instrument
approach is conducted in the Class E over laid above the
Class G.

Many of them are also conducted in Class G airspace. Do you hold an
instrument rating?

Old April 13th 06, 12:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
Class G is uncontrolled
and although there may be a Class G airport, the instrument
approach is conducted in the Class E over laid above the
Class G.

How is that relevant to this discussion? The post you replied to quoted a
FAR about traffic patterns at Class G airports, regardless of the airspace
above.

--Gary

Old April 13th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message

If you're practicing in VMC, then you should break off the
approach and join a normal pattern.

That may not be an option.

Old April 13th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Jim Macklin wrote:

Instrument approaches are published for Class B,C,D and E
airspace. An instrument approach requires controlled
airspace and traffic separation. Class G is uncontrolled
and although there may be a Class G airport, the instrument
approach is conducted in the Class E over laid above the
Class G.

At uncontrolled airports instrument approaches are typically not
contained entirely within controlled airspace. Check some of them out
against a sectional and that will become apparent.

Where the feds considered it essential to have the entire procedure
contained within controlled airspace, they establish a Class E surface
area. Class E surface areas are unusual.