Bush Flew Fighter Jets During Vietnam

Old July 12th 04, 05:45 AM
Regnirps

"D. Strang" wrote in message

I remember queuing up for a C-141 ride to Panama. This LtCol came
out and told us that the Officers would get on first so they could pick the
best seats, and the enlisted would get on second.

I don't recall any "best steats" unless you mean sitting in the webbing with
your back to one of the couple of tiny windows. If you tried to look out for
very lonf you got a major pain in the neck. No, but I DO remember clever pilots
slipping to loose altitude with a bay full of people facing sideways and no
windows. There were a lot of folks trying not to loose their cookies.

-- Charlie Springer

Old July 12th 04, 06:03 AM
Mike Williamson

Ian MacLure wrote:

Anyone wounded three times could opt out.

Of course if its discovered that any of those were self
inflicted as it is alleged that Baby Killer Kerry did...

In his defense, I haven't seen any reports that he *intentionally*
wounded himeself, as is traditionally considered in the
self-inflicted wound category. Apparently this was more an instance
of carelessness than intent to injure himself.

Mike

Old July 12th 04, 09:00 AM
Dweezil Dwarftosser

"D. Strang" wrote:

"Steve Mellenthin" wrote

I get the feeling somehow that our friend JFkerry wasn't as committed to
service as he was to self. Sorta seems as if he couldn't wait to get back to
the States to campaign and help out his little friend Janie.

It's telling that a soldier like Senator Dole quit the senate to run for President,
and JFKerry who is keeping a backup plan. His attendance record is really
hurting his state, but it is another form of self-service.

Heheh. Edwards' attendance record isn't even half as good
as Kerry's. I live in North Carolina - in Raleigh, Edwards'
current home. For the past six years, the only time we've seen
or heard from him, was on TV giving a fund-raising speech in
Iowa. There are only two known examples of his responses to
constituents' letters and petitions.

But we didn't complain; the less time he spent in DC or Raleigh,
the less he could screw things up.
He would not have been re-elected a Senator - and NC will once
again award all its electoral votes to Bush in November.

Watch.
Old July 12th 04, 10:32 AM
WalterM140

He voted for Clinton in '92 over Bush, a WW II
aviator

As president, Bush 41 stumbled into an unneccesary war in the Gulf that cost @
300 US servicemen their lives. He needed to go.

What I can't figure is how many veterans of combat who post here are oblivious
to the fact that both Bush presidencies have cost us hundreds of dead service
people to no good purpose whatsoever.

The roots of this war can be traced easily back to 1990-91. And we now have
7,000 + casualties in Iraq and we are less safer here at home, we're
bankrupting ourselves, the intellgence community is in a shambles, and we've
distanced ourselves from our best allies.

Bush is the worst president ever and he has to go.

Walt
Old July 12th 04, 10:33 AM
WalterM140

Edwards in 51 YO. That would put him in the 1971 HS class. The
draft ended in 1972.

So, then, what you're saying is he elected not to volunteer for Vietnam.

I am pretty sure the particulars of that will come out.

Walt

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
Two MOH Winners say Bush Didn't Serve WalterM140 Military Aviation 196 June 14th 04 11:33 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM