Where to find ads for gliders for sale or buy

Old November 29th 04, 09:30 AM
Oscar

Thanks Guys, for all these links - your help is very much appreciated -
Cheers, Oscar

"Oscar" wrote in message
What is the best place on the internet to find ads with gliders for sale

or
to buy? (US or Europe) Did some searches on Google, but could not find
anything useful.

Oscar

Old November 30th 04, 02:32 PM

Try this:
AVIATION MARKET
http://www.market.aero

ciao

Rocco Caruso

Old November 30th 04, 03:40 PM
F.L. Whiteley

Hi Tim,

Actually, there are four gliders listed there. Now, whether the listings
are current....

For example

DG 300

Date of construction:1
Registration:BGA
Total Time Frame:4250
Engine:
Total Time Engine:
Avionics:TM61 RadioLX1000 VarioMini T&S
Airfield:York
Request Price:£ 18,000

Contact
Name:Andrew Wright
Phone:

Regards,

Frank Whiteley

"Tim Mara" wrote in message
why look there???????
there is nothing there except
AIRCRAFT FOR SALE
BROKERS AND DEALERS IN EUROPE
and "UNDER CONSTRUCTION!" for the USA......

Old November 30th 04, 03:48 PM
F.L. Whiteley

"F.L. Whiteley" wrote in message

"Cloudy" wrote in message
F.L. Whiteley wrote:
Hopefully something's been done to make it more current. Last time I

was
searching on behalf of my club (May 04), 7 of 8 listings were sold.

That's
a waste of my time. Can't check at the moment as I'm seeing 80%

packet
loss
the host pipe at the moment.

Frank

Ah, didn't know that - I've never tried to buy a glider via
gliderpilot.net...

But my guess is that Andy can only take a glider off the list if the
vendor tells him it's been sold, or maybe the vendor himself has to
remember to remove the advert.

Cloudy

That's likely it, not all follow up with Andy. They seem to with Tim at
wingsandwheels.com. I know from experience that Tim's wide awake into the
wee hours with a coffee buzz working on something glider related,

including
his free ads. I once chimed up that I grind my beans, Tim claims he

roasts
his;^) Maybe that's what it takes.

Another site that's not been used much yet is the new classifieds feature

on
sailplanedirectory.com

Now that gliderpilot.net is working again, I do note that those placing ads
have a tool for removing them but have neglected to do so. The listings are
dated. I suppose it's safe to ignore those posted in 1999-2002 and probably
2003. Would be nice if someone would clean it up or drop the ads after some
reasonable period.

Frank

Old November 30th 04, 05:35 PM

Hi Tim
you may find gliders for sale in Europe he
http://www.market.aero/eu/class.php?...Glider&area=eu

Soon I will open the US market...

Bye from Italy

Rocco

Old November 30th 04, 11:08 PM
Pete Reinhart

Rocco,
If you gonna buy a glider in the good ole' USA you gonna check with Tim
first. You probably find just what you lookin' for there.
It's a very valuable service and very much appreciated by some.
Cheers!

Old December 1st 04, 10:18 AM

Thanks Pete,
Wing and Wheels will be the first name added in US Aviation Market...
....if Tim agrees!
Rocco

.. .

Old December 2nd 04, 10:45 AM
rasposter

There are some ads in http://www.gliderforum.com

One way to get to the For Sale section the
http://www.gliderforum.com/category-view.asp?catlock=3

Regards,
John W