Strepla or Win Pilot

Old December 2nd 04, 08:02 PM
Paul Remde

Hi Mal,

You will probably need to do some searching to find out on which comm port
the GPS data is available. I suggest you try using the free "Crux_View.exe"
utility that is available on my GPS page to test for the PIN's GPS on comm
ports 1 through 9. If that doesn't work it may not be possible to use the
PIN's GPS.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/gps.htm

I believe pocket*StrePla cannot connect to a GPS until you install a license
file. That may be the problem.

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

"Mal" wrote in message
It does not work on a Navman PIN it says the com port is already in use

"jorgie" wrote in message

You cold also consider XCSoar which is available for free. It is not as
sophisicated. However, it depends of what you want.

Try looking at:

jorgie
- A website for Australian Pilots regardless of when, why, or what they
fly -

Old December 2nd 04, 08:04 PM
Paul Remde

Hi Mal,

I can sell the upgrade to you. It is available for StrePla only, or for a
"Bundle" of StrePla and pocket*StrePla. Details are available he
http://www.soarmn.com/cumulus/strepla-prices.htm

Thank you,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

"Mal" wrote in message
Bundle for update customer
Update to StrePla3 Standard version from version 1.xx, version 2.xx and
OEM version, as described above and
pocket*StrePlaź Standard version for PocketPC (e.g. iPAQ),
as described above by simultaneous order EUR 237.07

My Volkslogger-Voucher-Number is:
(only for Volkslogger customer)

My CPU-ID is:

(Please do not use the serial number. Install pocket*StrePla and read

than
the CPU-ID.)

You save EUR 29.31 in relation to the single purchase

$316.410 USD

$405.327 AUD

Is that voucher valid with you Paul

www.mals.net

Old December 3rd 04, 12:52 AM
Mal

Sorry Paul XCSoar does not work with Navman PIN the gps uses COM 2

I am sure win pilot strepla will work as the cater for Navman in the setup I
am aware I have to pay hence my pain staking research.

thanks Mal

Old December 3rd 04, 01:05 AM
Marc Ramsey

Mal wrote:
Sorry Paul XCSoar does not work with Navman PIN the gps uses COM 2

Of course, since XCSoar is now an open source project, if you ask
nicely, someone might fix it...

Marc
Old December 3rd 04, 03:11 AM
jorgie

Try GPS_LOG, which may seem a little complicated at first, but after

getting
used to is one pretty good piece of software. Contrary to XCSoar it's
actively supported and developed further by Henryk Bierki.

I guess it depends on your view point as to wether a product is
supported or not. True it is not now developed by the orginal people
who started it. However, the source code is available for free and I'm
sure that somebody you know would be able to work out how to modify the
code to function on the Navman

I'm happy to try GPS_LOG and will do so next time I fly.... in the mean
time if it can load a map image and some air space files now that would
be funky.

Old December 4th 04, 10:39 AM
Veli-Matti Karppinen

jorgie wrote:
Try GPS_LOG, which may seem a little complicated at first, but after

getting

used to is one pretty good piece of software. Contrary to XCSoar it's
actively supported and developed further by Henryk Bierki.

I guess it depends on your view point as to wether a product is
supported or not. True it is not now developed by the orginal people
who started it. However, the source code is available for free and I'm
sure that somebody you know would be able to work out how to modify the
code to function on the Navman

I'm happy to try GPS_LOG and will do so next time I fly.... in the mean
time if it can load a map image and some air space files now that would
be funky.

--
jorgie

Hi

Henryk does a great job supporting GPS_LOG, the latest example being the
DAFIFtoMAP program, which creates the airspace file of your choice based
on DAFIF data. Lots of maps are already available and the web site
contains the information needed to create your own maps, once again
using geographical data from internet. It may look first a bit
complicated, but it isn't :-). Also you get good support from the user
community if you have questions.

Take a look at http://www.soaringpilotsoftware.com , you can find the
yahoogroups info for GPS_LOG also there.

Regards

Veli-Matti
Old December 4th 04, 09:37 PM
Mal

Crux view works com 2 4800 baud

maybe XCsoar will work sometimes get com port in use could be navman
conflict

Mal