Easily single rigged gliders

Old December 2nd 04, 05:54 PM
tango4

How long is a piece of string? What's 'easily'.

Given time and patience I could rig my Nimbus 3 single handed ( I seem to
have lost the knack on the last couple of rigs though, can't get the inner
stubs together! ) It does take the better part of 1 1/2 hours though.
Doesn't involve heavy lifting if you use a one man carry out rig.

As others have said, the trailer and other equipment you have is almost as
much a part of the deal as the aircraft.

Ian

Old December 2nd 04, 10:08 PM
For Example John Smith

Between those two, with assembly your only criteria, go w/Russia.

"Bill Alexander" wrote in message
I am returning to gliding shortly and am considering
buying either a PW5 or a Russia. Being of advanced
years i am looking for ease of assembly. Any pros or
cons please.

Bill Alexander

Old December 3rd 04, 04:40 AM
Bob C

I own a Silent 12m. There is no easier rigging sailplane
out there. Each wing weighs about 40 pounds and all
connections are automatic. The new 13m version (Silent2)
assembles just as easy, gets 39:1 and has negative
flaps. Very nice handling aircraft. The 12m has a
roll rate faster than my Salto.

BC

At 23:00 02 December 2004, For Example John Smith wrote:
Between those two, with assembly your only criteria,
go w/Russia.

'Bill Alexander' wrote in message
I am returning to gliding shortly and am considering
buying either a PW5 or a Russia. Being of advanced
years i am looking for ease of assembly. Any pros
or
cons please.

Bill Alexander

Please e-mail EAA and ask them to include gliders in Sport Pilot Mark James Boyd Soaring 6 December 1st 04 05:52 PM
Production rates? Ed Byars Soaring 38 November 24th 04 04:13 PM
Anti collision systems for gliders Simon Waddell Soaring 2 September 21st 04 08:52 AM
Do you like gliders but hate FAA checkrides? Bruce Hoult Soaring 8 August 13th 04 05:14 PM
Underwater Gliders Burt Compton Soaring 6 November 25th 03 04:43 AM