100th anniversary baby born

Old December 18th 03, 05:03 PM

Default 100th anniversary baby born

I'm proud to announce the birth of N601ZR 12/17/2003.
The inspection and registration process went smoothly, it almost seemed
effortless.

The EAA tech counselors did their 3rd and final inspection on Sunday.
I went back out monday and spent a couple hours taking care of a few
items they had pointed out (those extra sets of eyes are invaluable),
then put the cowls and inspection covers back on the plane.
Tuesday was engine run and taxi-test, my buddy Greg came along to take
down readings and act as ballast. The Jabiru started up easily and runs
s-m-o-o-t-h . The power was good, the temps were in range, everything
was secure, so a call to ground control got us clearance to taxi around
the airport and a radio check of loud and clear. It was a cool day, with
about 15 MPH winds. We taxied around for 10 or 15 minutes checking
toe-in, differential braking, hard turns, engine temps, etc... all went
well. We rolled her back in the hangar and opened her up for another
look. No runs, no drips, no errors... "good to go" for the DAR the next day.
Wednesday, the DAR came out to the hangar and spent about a half hour
with paperwork and another half hour doing a hands-on inspection. He had
a couple of questions, a couple of suggestions, and a few nice
comments... but NO squawks. We exchanged paperwork and signitures and it
was a done deal, she's now officially an airplane. Best of all, I got
the airworthiness certificate dated 12-17-2003, the 100 year anniversary
of flight.

Here's a pic of the new baby:
http://www.lightflyers.com/birthday.html

proud father,
Rick Pitcher

Old December 18th 03, 06:05 PM
KJKimball

Congrats Rick!
Dave Robinson flew his Pitts Model 12on th e100th also. That's two airplane
born on th ehistoric day. I wonder how many are out there!

Kevin
Old December 18th 03, 06:44 PM
Scott Correa

"KJKimball" wrote in message
Congrats Rick!
Dave Robinson flew his Pitts Model 12on th e100th also. That's two

airplane
born on th ehistoric day. I wonder how many are out there!

Kevin

We had 2 at our airport. A Rans S7 and an RV-6. Both were beautiful
airplanes
and got up and down w/o any problems.

Scott.

Old December 18th 03, 07:29 PM
Gig Giacona

Congrats........

Hopefully my 601XL will be ready by the 101st or at worst 102nd
anniversary...

Gig Giacona
www.peoamerica.net/N601XL

Old December 18th 03, 08:55 PM
B2431

From: Richard Riley
Date: 12/18/2003 2:09 PM Central Standard Time
In article ,
says...

I'm proud to announce the birth of N601ZR 12/17/2003.
The inspection and registration process went smoothly, it almost seemed
effortless.

We were aiming for 17th, but ended up a touch early...

http://www.ejectejecteject.com/archives/000072.html

Gross weight is only 8 lb 4 oz, but we hope to expand that part of the
envelope
over the next few years. Very easy to handle, but demanding and requires
constant attention. Very limited endurance, but again we hope to change that
with time.

Congtatulations. Now make with the cigars

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
Old December 18th 03, 09:46 PM
RobertR237

In article , Richard Riley
writes:

We were aiming for 17th, but ended up a touch early...

http://www.ejectejecteject.com/archives/000072.html

Gross weight is only 8 lb 4 oz, but we hope to expand that part of the
envelope
over the next few years. Very easy to handle, but demanding and requires
constant attention. Very limited endurance, but again we hope to change that
with time.

Congratulations (I think) on the beginning of a VERY EXPENSIVE Project.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old December 18th 03, 09:46 PM
RobertR237

In article , writes:

Here's a pic of the new baby:
http://www.lightflyers.com/birthday.html

proud father,
Rick Pitcher

Looking Good! Now GO Fly it. BFG

Old December 19th 03, 05:25 AM

RobertR237 wrote:
In article , writes:

Here's a pic of the new baby:
http://www.lightflyers.com/birthday.html

proud father,
Rick Pitcher

Looking Good! Now GO Fly it. BFG

I'm gonna rest up first. I've been busting my butt to get the girl
finished in one year. phew
I'll get started on the flying part right after the holidays.

Still getting used to NOT going out to the shop after dinner,
Rick P.