Seattle Aviation High School

Old May 30th 07, 11:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rich S.[_1_]

Default Seattle Aviation High School

Although I have heard of it in the past, I tend to (now and again) forget
things. There is an article in the local paper about a Gig harbor gal who
has won appointment to the "Aviation High School" located in South Seattle.

My question is this: Many years ago, one could take a run-out engine to the
Edison Technical school (for aero mechanics) in Seattle and, for the cost of
parts, they would rebuild it as a class project. Do you know if the above
titled school does the same? I would suppose not, in our lawsuit-ridden age.

Rich S.

Old May 31st 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Errol Groff

On Wed, 30 May 2007 15:55:14 -0700, "Rich S."
wrote:

Although I have heard of it in the past, I tend to (now and again) forget
things. There is an article in the local paper about a Gig harbor gal who
has won appointment to the "Aviation High School" located in South Seattle.

My question is this: Many years ago, one could take a run-out engine to the
Edison Technical school (for aero mechanics) in Seattle and, for the cost of
parts, they would rebuild it as a class project. Do you know if the above
titled school does the same? I would suppose not, in our lawsuit-ridden age.

Rich S.

Don't know about Seattle but I am pretty sure that you could get the
job done at H.H. Ellis Technical High School in Danielson, CT.

The person you want to contact is Charlie Hilton, deparment head of
the Aviation School at Ellis Tech. His email is (I think)

We are a few weeks from the end of this school year so it would have
to be a next year project.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Manufacturing Technology
H.H. Ellis Technical High School
613 Upper Maple Street
Danielson, CT 06239

New England Model Engineering Society
www.neme-s.org
Old May 31st 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rich S.[_1_]

"Errol Groff" wrote in message

Don't know about Seattle but I am pretty sure that you could get the
job done at H.H. Ellis Technical High School in Danielson, CT.

Errol .........

My question was not referring to a specific job. I was just curious if this
practice still existed. Glad to hear that it is alive and well. Kinda like
getting your hair cut for free at the local barber college!

Rich S.

Old May 31st 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

wrote:

Although I have heard of it in the past, I tend to (now and again) forget
things. There is an article in the local paper about a Gig harbor gal who
has won appointment to the "Aviation High School" located in South Seattle.

My question is this: Many years ago, one could take a run-out engine to the
Edison Technical school (for aero mechanics) in Seattle and, for the cost of
parts, they would rebuild it as a class project. Do you know if the above
titled school does the same? I would suppose not, in our lawsuit-ridden age.

I don't believe so. This isn't a technical school, it's just a "regular" high
school with an aviation slant.

Ron Wanttaja
Old May 31st 07, 05:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack

("Rich S." wrote)
Kinda like getting your hair cut for free at the local barber college!

Huh? Next you're going to tell me you can go to a dental school to get your
teeth cleaned. :-)

Montblack
Margene and her mom go to the beauty college in Minot, to get manicures and
pedicures. I visit the Minot Air Force Base while they're away. Ok, last
visit to the base was 1997.

Old May 31st 07, 05:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
flybynightkarmarepair

On May 30, 3:55 pm, "Rich S."
wrote:
Although I have heard of it in the past, I tend to (now and again) forget
things. There is an article in the local paper about a Gig harbor gal who
has won appointment to the "Aviation High School" located in South Seattle.

My question is this: Many years ago, one could take a run-out engine to the
Edison Technical school (for aero mechanics) in Seattle and, for the cost of
parts, they would rebuild it as a class project. Do you know if the above
titled school does the same? I would suppose not, in our lawsuit-ridden age.

Rich S.

The aviation technical school here in the East Bay (San Francisco Bay)
will absolutely not touch ANYTHING that might find it's way into an
airworthy airplane for liability reasons, nor can you use any of their
tools.

Old May 31st 07, 07:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Maxwell

"Montblack" wrote in message
("Rich S." wrote)
Kinda like getting your hair cut for free at the local barber college!

Huh? Next you're going to tell me you can go to a dental school to get
your
teeth cleaned. :-)

Montblack
Margene and her mom go to the beauty college in Minot, to get manicures
and pedicures. I visit the Minot Air Force Base while they're away. Ok,
last visit to the base was 1997.

Could anyone recommend a good all girls school for sex education????

Old May 31st 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Darrel Toepfer

"Rich S." wrote:

My question was not referring to a specific job. I was just curious if
this practice still existed. Glad to hear that it is alive and well.
Kinda like getting your hair cut for free at the local barber college!

(As far as I kneaux) Over here in Louisiana the only way to get your motor
worked on is to take the class and have the teacher allow it into your
schedule. Thats the way it was back in the 50's when my dad did his tugboat
engines and when I talked to the instructor recently about our aviation
ones...

Local barber college charges, not as much as a licensed barber, but
definitely not free...