How many instruments can I use for VFR?

Old November 5th 06, 11:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default How many instruments can I use for VFR?

BT writes:

if it is in the airplane.. you are expected to know how to use it
for "exams"

But are you always _allowed_ to use it? I know how to use all the
instruments I have, but navigating without some of them might be
difficult.

Old November 5th 06, 01:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Judah

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in
:

You might very well have it nailed correctly. If this is his issue, it
makes it all the more a shame.
I know more than one simulator pilot who has come into the real aviation
venue successfully and gained wide acceptance because of their friendly
approach and constant quest for knowledge. Its so easy to be
appreciative and friendly.
The strange thing is that he actually asks some very intelligent
questions hidden in all that nastiness of his. The obvious thing is that
he believes before he asks them, that he knows more of the answer than
the one he will get.....and mostly he's wrong; so he loses.........and
in a way, those who engage him lose as well, since in many cases the
only thing that's advanced is the level of angst. Oh well........what is
it they say...........that's Usenet!!!! :-)
Dudley Henriques

Yeah, it is quite a shame. I think he is fairly intelligent, but his
emotional disconnection with reality is more powerful. I've met people who
are like this "in real life" too. I used to manage one. He was a very
talented programmer. The team was able to work out how to deal with him for
the most part, but in the end, he was invited to find work elsewhere, and he
became someone else's problem.

Like you say... That's Usenet...
Old November 5th 06, 01:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dudley Henriques

"Jose" wrote in message
m...
Just make sure its the LEFT foot!!! You might need the other one

What does the right foot control on a T6 or P51?

Left turning tendencies are quite high in powerful tailwheel airplanes.
Actually, the T6 can get a bit hairy for BOTH feet on the rollout after
landing. :-)
The 51, the F8F and the P47 are fairly stable on landings but can keep you
on your right foot a bit on takeoff.
Dudley Henriques

Old November 5th 06, 01:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dudley Henriques

We have a Carrabba's near the house. Been there many times. Great food.

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
I don't like coconut, but Shrimp on the Barbie, with their
home-made bread is a meal.

If you like Italian, Carrabba's is great.

Carrabba's Italian Grill Carrabba's Italian Grill. Website
includes menu, locator and gift cards.
www.carrabbas.com/ - 12k - Cached - Similar pages

Carrabba's Italian Grill Carrabba's serves fresh,
flavorful Italian dishes prepared from the finest ...
Carrabba's Italian Grill, in cooperation with the Gluten
Intolerance Group®, ...
www.carrabbas.com/menu.asp - 20k - Cached - Similar
pages
[ More results from www.carrabbas.com ]

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in message

Old November 5th 06, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mike[_11_]

Dudley Henriques wrote:
"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
The ribeye with shrimp on the side.

Is there ANYTHING on the Outback menu that's not tasty? If there is, I
haven't seen it yet :-)
Dudley Henriques

It might be a bit pricey, but the filet mignon with a sweet potato is
KILLER!

--
Mike

Old November 5th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
BT

you don't need any isnturments to navigate..
its called pilotage.. all you need is your BRAIN
BT

Old November 5th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
A Lieberma

"BT" wrote in :

you don't need any isnturments to navigate..
its called pilotage.. all you need is your BRAIN
BT

Or reboot the computer and start over if the brain fails to engage.

Allen
Old November 5th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

BT writes:

you don't need any isnturments to navigate..
its called pilotage.. all you need is your BRAIN

A lot of pilots died in the days before instruments. That's why they
are there now.

Old November 5th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Wolfgang Schwanke writes:

Love of technology is fine, but the default way of VFR navigation is
without instruments, just compass and a map. If you want to do it
"properly", do it that way. I googled up this tutorial, it's actually
aimed at flight simmers:

http://stoenworks.com/Tutorials/Navi...0tutorial.html

Looking through it, it seems to tell me mostly things that I already
know. It does define RNAV, though, which I had never gotten around to
looking up; it turns out that it simply describes something that I was
already doing more than a decade ago.