Where is everybody?

Old January 11th 06, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Where is everybody?

"Frank Whiteley" wrote in message
ups.com...

winchdesign, 169 members
ventus_2CM, 105 members
skysailingtowing, 704 members
caratmotorglider, 315 members
moneraiP, 115 members
mini-nimbus, 75 members
LAK-17a, 197 members
ASW-24Sailplanes, 139 members
ASA-NewsGroup, 112 members
GenesisFlyers, 103 members
L33Solo, 103 members
ASW27owners, 73 members
sparrowhawk, 55 members
Bolkow_Phoebus_Sailplanes, 47 members
wisoar, 40 members
FloridaRace, 39 members

Here is one more to add to the list:

hp-gliders, 315 members
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hp-gliders/

Wayne
HP-14 N990 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

Old January 11th 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Exactly. I might add that in my prior post I only listed one soaring
related Yahoo group of the seven I use. I found several more that I
didn't bother to include.

Frank

Old January 11th 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Frank Whiteley wrote:
As I said, they are specialized, so I can't recommend any, unless you
have an specific topical interest. You can already tell that R/C
soaring is very popular. Think of some other search terms, like
sailplane (make and models), gliders (a lot of track and field clubs
are gliders, then there's those pesky sugar gliders, or the one's for
the porch). From a quick Yahoo groups search....

winchdesign, 169 members
ventus_2CM, 105 members
skysailingtowing, 704 members
caratmotorglider, 315 members
moneraiP, 115 members
mini-nimbus, 75 members
LAK-17a, 197 members
ASW-24Sailplanes, 139 members
ASA-NewsGroup, 112 members
GenesisFlyers, 103 members
L33Solo, 103 members
ASW27owners, 73 members
sparrowhawk, 55 members
Bolkow_Phoebus_Sailplanes, 47 members
wisoar, 40 members
FloridaRace, 39 members

and there are many more on Yahoo, Google, and perhaps even MSN groups,
in English, German, and other languages. Some are lively and popular,
others quiet until something happens to generate discussion. Some are
seasonal. The seven I subscribe to cover specific topical areas. Four
are private, the remainder public. I'm just saying that these groups
have reduced the overall amount of postings to RAS.

Frank Whiteley

There is a yahoo group for the standardcirrus drivers...

--
Bruce Greeff
Std Cirrus #57
Old January 16th 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Ian Johnston wrote:

In the good old days, this was a buzzing place. By comparison,
nowadays, the sagebrush is blowing across my screen. Where is
everybody?

John Roake ... Peter Masak (whatever did happen to the Scimitar?) ..
Iain Strachan ...

I'm still around. Just been too busy to post on r.a.s. recently.
Testing three new typs of GPS flight flight recorder for IGC, for a
start ....

The agenda for the IGC Plenary meeting on 3-4 March is now out on the
fai/gliding web site. This includes reports on GPS recorders and other
things, by me and Bernald Smith who may be known to some of you guys
over the pond .... Bout time he had a haircut, tho ....

Ian Strachan
Lasham Gliding Centre, UK

Old January 16th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

In article .com,
"Ian Strachan" wrote:

Ian Johnston wrote:

In the good old days, this was a buzzing place. By comparison,
nowadays, the sagebrush is blowing across my screen. Where is
everybody?

John Roake ... Peter Masak (whatever did happen to the Scimitar?) ..
Iain Strachan ...

I'm still around. Just been too busy to post on r.a.s. recently.
Testing three new typs of GPS flight flight recorder for IGC, for a
start ....

I guess we're all out flying our PW5's or otherwise enjoying the summer
weather.

John Roake seems to be busy sending out missives on next week's Grand
Prix, and no doubt other things behind the scenes. Nice to see a 50%
discount on ticket prices for Gliding NZ members and friends&family.

John/Peter, do we need to prove this somehow?

Peter Masak, of course, is sadly no longer with us.

--
Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-