2006 USA Seeding list # 711 reporting

Old January 16th 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 2006 USA Seeding list # 711 reporting

In a few more days, the 2006 USA pilot seeding list will be up on the
Soaring Server for everyone to see. Those names in green, mean the
contests you were in, the paperwork is all in. Those names in red,
well, yep, your paperwork is NOT all in, and maybe you can help us get
this closed out, by contacting your contest manager to ask them what's
going on. John L. has worked for over a week, into the long hours of
the night, to get this done. Good job, John L. So, when the list gets
to the Soaring Server, I will post letting you know. I did get more
good news today from the SSA, the 1-26 Nationals are closed out now,
and all the Nationals are closed out except for the 15 Meter Nationals,
which close out shortly. Thanks for so many folks joining in to help
out. Thermal tight, Soar high, Fly safe. $ 711 reporting.

Old January 18th 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The 2006 list is now available at http://soaring.aerobatics.ws/PRL,
which is mirrored at http://soaring.gahsys.com/PRL and
http://soaring.xinqu.net/PRL

Rankings based on contests for which the SSA has not received all of
the paperwork are in red [as in stop], and those for pilots whose
membership is not current are in blue [as in black and blue]. PLEASE
let me know of any goofs/error/changes to be made - there are bound
to be some. As many of the contest results do not include the
pilot's SSA number, the attribution of same is a bit of an art - OK
a wild-a***d-guess in many cases - ditto for team entries where
deciphering both pilots' names is open to interpretation... Issues
arise for foreign competitors sometimes, and contest officials
requesting an extension need to contact the SSA [ Ken Sorenson ]. The
rankings for 2007 and 2008 based on the contests in the three years
prior to the year are also available down at the bottom of the page, to
make it easy to see how long your ranking is good for. Also, the
Categories for each year are provided.

There is a tool for contest organizers to select the entrants and get a
ranked listing, but it can be a bit of a pain - particularly if your
browser refreshes after you have entered 49 of the 50 entrants.
Organizers, please feel free to send me the list of SSA membership
numbers of your entrants, and I can send you the ranking list for them
all formatted for a spreadsheet or wordprocesser.

Finally thanks to the many CD's - and Gaynell at the SSA - for
helping me track folks down. CM's/Scorers, it would be much
appreciated if you could post the final summary of the contest with the
SSA numbers.

Have a great, safe season all!

John Leibacher
PRL grunt

Old January 19th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

As of Wednesday, the 18th, all the contest paperwork is in or its in
the mail. Many of us have raced Uvalde and know the great show Kerry
and Noreen put on. The paperwork will be in, for the 15 Meter
Nationals, when Noreen gets back into Uvalde. Hopefully, that
shouldn't be much longer, and they have been in touch with the SSA
office. A big thanks to John Leibacher for all his work. I think that
if he worked at McDonald's part time, instead of doing this, he would
by now have a ASH 25MI, on tips alone. I want to say a special thanks
to Cindy at Cal City for helping out, and all the rest of you, too.
Hope to see some of you at the convention coming up. I have heard that
a new t shirt is going to be offered, and the design is by the US
Junior Team members. Several years ago, they somehow got a green alien
up the Hobbs flag pole, holding a bewster in his hand. Trust me, it was
good, really good. So, this new t shirt design will be something you
might want to get a hand hold on....ha ha .....ya......Thermal tight,
Soar high, Fly safe. # 711 reporting.