Av Fuel

Old May 22nd 08, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

Default Av Fuel

B A R R Y wrote:
On Thu, 22 May 2008 11:51:19 -0500, Ross wrote:

Gizmo wrote:
What are you guys paying a gallon?
It's goes up everyday here at RYY

Latest at my airport is $4.21 a gallon for 100LL. Higher in the Dallas,
TX area. Getting out of sight

Are you kidding?

I pay more than that for car gas.

Nope, that is what is on the website. Actually, I do not think they have
updated it to the last delivery and the price is $4.35/gal. We have only
a 6000 gal tank. Next week another 6000 gallon tank will be added and we
can take full loads thereby not paying a split load. Hopefully, this
will lower it a little. Non-leaded regular just went up to $3.74 around
here. The US needs a realistic energy policy, but we'll leave that to a
different thread.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old May 23rd 08, 01:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

http://www.hermes-press.com/BushSaud.htm

Is there a Reader's Digest version for those of us with ADD.

Basically the article says George Bush should be impeached.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old May 23rd 08, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Margy Natalie

What are you guys paying a gallon?
It's goes up everyday here at RYY

IAD $7.80 and no I'm not buying any at that price :-)
Old May 23rd 08, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marty Shapiro

Margy Natalie wrote in
m:

What are you guys paying a gallon?
It's goes up everyday here at RYY

IAD $7.80 and no I'm not buying any at that price :-)

It seems more and more airports which cater to airlines have outrageously
higher 100 LL prices. A quick check of airnav.com today shows:

At LAS 100 LL is $7.80 while at nearby VGT it is $5.04 ($4.84 self-serve).

SFO was $6.78 as of April 8. OAK (which is both air carrier and lots of GA)
is $5.80. SJC is $6.41 with nearly adjacent RHV at $5.55.

LAX no longer has 100 LL. Jet-A there is $7.61. The two nearest air
carrier airports are KLGB (15 miles) at $6.24 ($6.40 for Jet-A) and BUR
(16 miles) at $6.25 ($6.40 for JET-A). Nearby GA airports HHR (4 miles) is
$5.75 ($5.05 self-serve) and SMO (5 miles) is $5.35 ($4.85 self-serve)

BOS shows $7.14 as of May 15, while nearby GHG shows $4.99.

ORD was $7.57 on April 22, while GYY is today at $5.35.

DEN was $6.81 on May 14, FTG is $4.99 ($4.67 self-serve) today.

Where an airport had multiple fuel providers, I used the one with the
lowest price for this comparison.

Several years ago, I was told, but have not been able to verify, that the
fuelers at an air carrier airport must test their fuel every day and
have an expiration date on how long they can keep it before it must be
dumped. Some of the big air carrier airports have so little demand for 100
LL that they only get a small tanker load at a time. Can anyone confirm if
this is correct?

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.

(remove SPAMNOT to email me)
Old May 23rd 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Gizmo" wrote:

What are you guys paying a gallon?
It's goes up everyday here at RYY

$4.82 at ay Minette, AL, up from $4.10 two months ago.

The larger airports around Mobile are a dollar+ more.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Old June 7th 08, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Aluckyguess

"JGalban via AviationKB.com" u32749@uwe wrote in message
Gizmo wrote:
What are you guys paying a gallon?
It's goes up everyday here at RYY

$4.95 for self serve at Chandler, AZ (KCHD). Flying to Las Cruces, NM
(KLRU) on Sat. and looking forward to paying $5.39 :-(

I make that flight about once a month and it's starting to get pricey.
I'm planning on leaving early and flying slow this weekend to cut down on
the
fuel burn.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Just picked a friend up there he was dropping off a plane. Not much in Los
Cruces.
Had 40 knot winds getting there I averaged 200 plus almost all the way there
from RAL. Took quite a bit longer getting back. Lucked out though when the
sun set the wind died and the BO gat back to 165 knots. Great trip..