Neocon 101

Old September 15th 04, 03:39 PM
Leadfoot

Default Neocon 101

Neocon 101

http://tinyurl.com/oqs3

Are you a neocon

http://tinyurl.com/m3d8

Key Neocons

http://tinyurl.com/m4hl

Old September 16th 04, 12:13 AM
Bob Coe

Why not just link the Christian Science Monitor?

Old September 16th 04, 03:38 AM
Leadfoot

"Bob Coe" wrote in message
Why not just link the Christian Science Monitor?

"Tiny url" is just a way to make the link shorter so it fits in a usenet
post. I did a search for neocon and definition and the CSM came first and
based on my read had pretty good unbiased information on what a neocon was.

Old September 16th 04, 10:13 PM
J Haggerty

Leadfoot wrote:
"Tiny url" is just a way to make the link shorter so it fits in a usenet
post. I did a search for neocon and definition and the CSM came first and
based on my read had pretty good unbiased information on what a neocon was.

From www.Dictionary.com

2 entries found for neocon.
ne·o·con Audio pronunciation of "neocon" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-kn)
n. Informal

A neoconservative: “The neocons and hard-liners have long felt that
no Soviet leader could be trusted” (New York Times).

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language,
Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

neocon

n : a conservative who subscribes to neoconservativism [syn:
neoconservative]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

JPH
Old September 17th 04, 02:43 AM
Bob Coe

From www.Dictionary.com

2 entries found for neocon.
ne·o·con Audio pronunciation of "neocon" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-kn)
n. Informal

A neoconservative: “The neocons and hard-liners have long felt that no Soviet leader
could be trusted” (New York Times).

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

neocon

n : a conservative who subscribes to neoconservativism [syn: neoconservative]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

The CSM definition is, of course, more accurate. In-line with what the American
Conservative Magazine says, and almost a play book for what Buchanan uses in
his editorials against their thinking. To be a neocon, means you believe in an axis
of evil and the American Empire. The American Empire basically ended when the
forces against evil got bogged-down in a sniper war, and will never have enough
men to take on Syria, Iran, and North Korea (Americans despise empires).

Wolfowitz, bombed and survived in Baghdad, has lost all his influence with the
President when the body count went over 25, the Green zone shrank to a mile,
and the prospects of an Empire disappeared. The neocons have hit the tar baby,
and their rhetoric has returned to their radical left, and Trotskyism, which was
their breeding pool. Bush has no more use for them.