Iowa City / Cedar Rapids rental aircraft

Old December 16th 03, 04:07 AM
Bartscher

Default Iowa City / Cedar Rapids rental aircraft

I will be in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City visiting relatives over the holiday
season, and I was looking online to see what rental aircraft are available at
local FBOs. Unfortunately, the web sites for the local FBOs aren't very helpful
other than the mention of an Archer at CID. I've flown into CID several times
before, but winter weather means this will be a driving trip.

Can someone (Jay Honeck perhaps?) let me know what is available for rental at
either airport?

Thanks in advance,
Eric Bartsch
Old December 16th 03, 04:37 AM
Jay Honeck

Hey Eric!

Iowa City's FBO, Jet Air, Inc, has a good selection of 152s, Warriors, 172s,
182s, and 206s. (They're a Cessna dealer.)

Don't know the prices, but I can find out, if you'd like? Or you might
just give them a jingle at 319-339-9160?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 16th 03, 04:55 AM
Bartscher

Hey Eric!

Iowa City's FBO, Jet Air, Inc, has a good selection of 152s, Warriors, 172s,
182s, and 206s. (They're a Cessna dealer.)

Don't know the prices, but I can find out, if you'd like? Or you might
just give them a jingle at 319-339-9160?
--
Jay Honeck

Jay, thanks for the help. I was hoping to find a 172RG so I could continue work
on my commercial during the holidays. Any idea if the Cessna dealer has one?

If not, I might have to rent the 182 for some local sightseeing.

If I'm near the Iowa City airport, I'll have to drop by the Inn.

Thanks again,
Eric Bartsch
Old December 16th 03, 04:59 AM
Jay Honeck

Jay, thanks for the help. I was hoping to find a 172RG so I could continue
work
on my commercial during the holidays. Any idea if the Cessna dealer has

one?

I haven't noticed any RGs (all of their stuff is pretty much brand new) --
but I honestly haven't paid close attention to the rental birds. (Other
than to drool on the panels...)

If I'm near the Iowa City airport, I'll have to drop by the Inn.

You'd better! The danged place is going to be full of mine and Mary's
family -- I'll need a break! :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 16th 03, 02:45 PM
Judah

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

You'd better! The danged place is going to be full of mine and Mary's
family -- I'll need a break! :-)

Just charge them double for the added aggravation!
Old December 16th 03, 03:56 PM
Jay Honeck

You'd better! The danged place is going to be full of mine and Mary's
family -- I'll need a break! :-)

Just charge them double for the added aggravation!

That's the bitch of owning a hotel -- family stays free, and they make a
bigger mess than "normal" guests! ;0

Oh well, it'll be fun. We've never had everyone in Iowa for Christmas
before. And, for all the folks in from the west coast, it sure looks like
we'll have snow for 'em, in spades. (They ALL want a "White Christmas", of
course, damn that Bing Crosby. It'll be interesting to see what they say
when I hand 'em a shovel....)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 16th 03, 08:34 PM
RevDMV

It'll be interesting to see what they say
when I hand 'em a shovel....)

What's this?
Old December 17th 03, 01:26 AM
Judah

Tell them that your contract with the housekeeping service requires them to
be off for the holiday, and so they better clean up after themselves!

Or better yet, tell them that the hotel is booked for the holidays, and
send them off to one of your partner hotels down the block!

If that won't work, then just staff up and write it all off!

Old December 17th 03, 02:01 AM
Bartscher

It'll be interesting to see what they say
when I hand 'em a shovel....)
--
Jay Honeck

They'll probably give you the same blank look that our local FBO gave me when I
asked if they had installed the deicing boots on the 172RG for the winter.