FYI to USA clubs and FBOs.

Old November 3rd 15, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default FYI to USA clubs and FBOs.

A new company is out now called Rush Cube. They are also located in Kennesaw, GA and seem to have a similar business model to what 800Skyride use to have. I suspect the same guys with just a new company name. I have already heard a complaint from an FBO about them sending a customer to redeem their Rush Cube certificate for a glider ride. Have any other clubs or FBOs run into this situation?
Old November 3rd 15, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Quick look on Yelp shows some amazingly horror stories: http://www.yelp.com/biz/spot-reservation-kennesaw

Old November 3rd 15, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I've heard about it more than once from the owner of Sundance Aviation
at Moriarty, NM. He no longer accepts certificates except except for
those from Groupon and those sold by him.

--
Dan, 5J

Old November 3rd 15, 11:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill T

The only certificates we accept are SSA FAST certificates.
BillT
Old November 3rd 15, 11:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WB

On Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 3:11:26 PM UTC-6, wrote:
A new company is out now called Rush Cube.

I was contacted by a rep from Rush Cube who wanted to set up glider rides through our club. Almost immediately it was clear that Rush Cube was a broker operation and they had no idea what a glider was or what a ride involved. I told the rep that our club would not do business with them. I notified the rest of the club officers. I think Rush Cube got the idea since we have heard nothing else from them. Papa3 has it right: a little research will show you that people have had some terrible experiences with Rush Cube.
Old November 4th 15, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

On Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 5:48:57 PM UTC-5, WB wrote:
On Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 3:11:26 PM UTC-6, wrote:
A new company is out now called Rush Cube.

I was contacted by a rep from Rush Cube who wanted to set up glider rides through our club. Almost immediately it was clear that Rush Cube was a broker operation and they had no idea what a glider was or what a ride involved. I told the rep that our club would not do business with them. I notified the rest of the club officers. I think Rush Cube got the idea since we have heard nothing else from them. Papa3 has it right: a little research will show you that people have had some terrible experiences with Rush Cube.

I instruct and give rides for our local glider FBO, and it's amazing what people show up with from time to time. With more and more people going "digital" (i.e. not picking up the phone to speak with someone), it might not be a bad idea for gliderports to explicitly post policies related to third-party certificates right on their home page. At least that way you have another level of protection when someone comes in with an Adrenaline Experience E-Ticket from Fly By Nite Incorporated.
Old November 4th 15, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 3:48:57 PM UTC-7, WB wrote:
On Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 3:11:26 PM UTC-6, wrote:
A new company is out now called Rush Cube.

I was contacted by a rep from Rush Cube who wanted to set up glider rides through our club. Almost immediately it was clear that Rush Cube was a broker operation and they had no idea what a glider was or what a ride involved. I told the rep that our club would not do business with them. I notified the rest of the club officers. I think Rush Cube got the idea since we have heard nothing else from them. Papa3 has it right: a little research will show you that people have had some terrible experiences with Rush Cube.

There are about 5600 domains registered to New Day Marketing, including rushcube.com

https://whoisology.com/archive_11/rushcube.com

Frank Whiteley
Old November 4th 15, 06:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 9:28:58 AM UTC-7, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 3:48:57 PM UTC-7, WB wrote:
On Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 3:11:26 PM UTC-6, wrote:
A new company is out now called Rush Cube.

I was contacted by a rep from Rush Cube who wanted to set up glider rides through our club. Almost immediately it was clear that Rush Cube was a broker operation and they had no idea what a glider was or what a ride involved. I told the rep that our club would not do business with them. I notified the rest of the club officers. I think Rush Cube got the idea since we have heard nothing else from them. Papa3 has it right: a little research will show you that people have had some terrible experiences with Rush Cube.

There are about 5600 domains registered to New Day Marketing, including rushcube.com

https://whoisology.com/archive_11/rushcube.com

Frank Whiteley

http://1800skyrideripoff.com/ gives an interesting list.

They have targeted specific locations by domain, for example
http://www.clevelandsailplanes.com/