A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » General Aviation
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Flight range question

Old November 16th 11, 04:44 PM

First recorded activity by AviationBanter: Nov 2011
Default Flight range question

Hi,
I was reading about the technical features of the Boeing 757 airliner and I saw that the maximum flight range was of 3,900 nautical miles, as described by Boeing in this link: http://www.boeing.com/commercial/757...f_200tech.html.
Out of curiosity, I was wondering how this figure can be calculated, so I tried using the graph shown at page 35 of this document: http://www.boeing.com/commercial/air...aps/757_23.pdf, but I'm not sure about how to actually do it. For example, how could you calculate the flight range in nautical miles for an airplane without passengers and using the maximum amount of fuel? I figured this would be the actual maximum range for this aircraft model.
Thanks for your help.