Standard Cirrus Life Extension

Old November 19th 09, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
juliet7

Default Standard Cirrus Life Extension

Hello All,

A quick question for all those Standard Cirrus owners out there. A
friend and I are looking at purchasing a glider, and a Standard Cirrus
fits our budget and performance requirements. The glider we are
looking at is in good shape; however, it is nearing the 3000 hour life
limit with currently 2850 hrs.

I was wondering what is involved to get the additional 3000 hr life
extension. Information on how long the process takes and approximate
cost would also be appreciated. Any literature on the topic would also
be welcome.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Regards,
Jay
Old November 19th 09, 04:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ryanglover1969[_2_]

On Nov 18, 6:21*pm, juliet7 wrote:
Hello All,

A quick question for all those Standard Cirrus owners out there. A
friend and I are looking at purchasing a glider, and a Standard Cirrus
fits our budget and performance requirements. The glider we are
looking at is in good shape; however, it is nearing the 3000 hour life
limit with currently 2850 hrs.

I was wondering what is involved to get the additional 3000 hr life
extension. Information on how long the process takes and approximate
cost would also be appreciated. Any literature on the topic would also
be welcome.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Regards,
Jay

Have a look at this TN Schempp-Hirth
http://www.schempp-hirth.com/fileadm...278-28-568.pdf
Old November 19th 09, 04:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BT

When we bought our Grob 103, it was approaching 3000hrs.
The 3000hr life extension inspection for the 103 included inspecting all of
the push rod ends and replacing rod end bearings
That was the most expensive part of the inspection. It was done back in 1999
so memory fades.

you have not said where you are, but a call to Rex Mays at Williams Soaring
in California.
Of even JJ Sinclair monitors this thread so he could provide better answers.

The TN posted did not provide the detailed information you were looking for.
BT

Old November 19th 09, 05:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BT

http://www.schempp-hirth.com/fileadm.../265-9-590.pdf

It says to contact Schempp-Hirth for the 3000hr life extension inspection
checklist.
BT

Old November 19th 09, 02:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lanebush

"juliet7" wrote in message
Hello All,

A quick question for all those Standard Cirrus owners out there. A
friend and I are looking at purchasing a glider, and a Standard Cirrus
fits our budget and performance requirements. The glider we are
looking at is in good shape; however, it is nearing the 3000 hour life
limit with currently 2850 hrs.

I was wondering what is involved to get the additional 3000 hr life
extension. Information on how long the process takes and approximate
cost would also be appreciated. Any literature on the topic would also
be welcome.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Regards,
Jay

That TN appears to apply to the Open Cirrus as it speaks of the tail
chute.
Old November 21st 09, 10:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
stephanevdv

This is the relevant AD (12 000 hours now!):

http://www.schempp-hirth.com/fileadm...278-28-586.pdf

The relevant TN:

http://www.schempp-hirth.com/fileadm...278-28-568.pdf

The relevant pages for the maintenance manual:

http://www.schempp-hirth.com/fileadm...278-28-569.pdf
Old November 21st 09, 05:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BT

Yes.. but to get to 12000hrs, you need to comply with the "multi step
inspection program" at 3000hr intervals through 9,000 and then 1,000hr
intervals to 12,000. It's all in the last 278-28-569 file.
BT

"stephanevdv" wrote in message
This is the relevant AD (12 000 hours now!):

http://www.schempp-hirth.com/fileadm...278-28-586.pdf

The relevant TN:

http://www.schempp-hirth.com/fileadm...278-28-568.pdf

The relevant pages for the maintenance manual:

http://www.schempp-hirth.com/fileadm...278-28-569.pdf

Grob 103 Twin II Life Extension Mike McCarron[_2_] Soaring 2 May 18th 09 01:15 PM
Grob 103 Twin II Life Extension Mike McCarron[_2_] Soaring 2 May 18th 09 02:49 AM
LS-6A and B life extension JS Soaring 0 December 8th 05 11:56 PM
Life extension LS6 a-b Stuart Soaring 1 January 20th 05 06:16 AM
Puchacz life extension Janusz Kesik Soaring 0 November 9th 03 10:49 AM