Quiet Vent

Old April 19th 18, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

Default Quiet Vent

"along with half a dozen other parts for Schleicher gliders"

I'd love to hear about these other parts for Schleicher gliders.

Paul A.
ASW19
Old April 19th 18, 07:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

On Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 11:43:52 AM UTC-7, Paul Agnew wrote:
"along with half a dozen other parts for Schleicher gliders"

I'd love to hear about these other parts for Schleicher gliders.

Paul A.
ASW19

Paul,

Most were designed for my ASH26E, though some have found broader appeal. Briefly:

"Spools" that screw into the Rogger hook canopy jettison pivot, to hold seat belt tangs conveniently out of the way to prevent them from getting behind the chute when entering glider.

Fuel vent overflow system to prevent fuel all over tail wheel fairing when fueling.

Tail wheel springs that improve steering authority by 50% while reducing preload on hinges by a factor of 5.

The Cobra trailer SRS (smooth ramp slider) to stop the grinding and damage (which you already have).

All I can think of now . . . might have lied about "half a dozen" :c)

bumper
Old April 19th 18, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

Don't forget the Bumper Gear Handle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NEjytbOWbI

(Thanks for the email reply, too.)

Paul A.
Old April 20th 18, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 5:36:27 AM UTC-4, bumper wrote:
... the MKIV, QV, SRS (Smooth Ramp Sliders for Cobra trailer ramp),
along with half a dozen other parts for Schleicher gliders...

Bumper only wishes he would have done the Mark VIII ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJJ...ature=youtu.be

Thanks for the great gadgets, Good luck with retirement, and don't be a stranger!

Old April 20th 18, 06:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Nice job Dave!

Second that!

Looks like classic great German engineering - make it with as many parts and as much complexity as humanly possible while still retaining some chance it may function reliably and long enough to make it through the warranty period. Oh, extra points scored if people stand around in slack jawed wonderment to watch the thing cycle.

I remember one rather elegant electric self launch that had me doing that just watching the pylon extend/retract. :c)

bumper

Old June 30th 18, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

On Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 10:06:27 PM UTC-4, Dave Nadler wrote:

Bumper only wishes he would have done the Mark VIII ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJJ...ature=youtu.be

Definitely make sure you have an automatic, quick-disconnect. Right, Dave?

Paul A.

Tail Vent? jjcact Soaring 1 June 10th 05 03:10 PM
PIK20D vent hole machanism [email protected] Soaring 0 February 23rd 05 09:08 AM
Eye Ball Vent B. Iten Soaring 4 September 4th 04 09:38 AM
Finding vent hole in wing skin Martin Eiler Soaring 7 November 21st 03 02:44 PM
Any planes remotely quiet? Chris Hoffmann Owning 3 July 27th 03 06:13 AM