Y2K Spitfire restoration project COMOX B.C>

Old May 21st 04, 06:41 PM
Ed Majden

Default Y2K Spitfire restoration project COMOX B.C>

Y2K (MK304) Spitfire restoration project invites you to Open House at the
Comox B.C. airbase on Sunday, May 23. Too late for many on this list but
you can read about the project at: www.y2kspitfire.com This Spitfire
participated at Normandy Beach Head flying with R.C.A.F. 442 Squadron. 442
is now a SAR Squadron at 19 Wing Çomox, B.C. Canada. One day this Spit will
proudly fly again! Comox airbase is also the home of the Comox Air Force
Museum which is also worth a visit should you visit this area. On display
are several aircraft from the Cf-100 to a Mig 21 of the Cold War era.

Old May 21st 04, 07:16 PM
Krztalizer

I have a killer wartime photo of "Y2K" from its early days on the continent. A
couple of 442 Squadron photos were sold on Ebay years ago and I caught that one
and a few others from other squadrons. Will send a scan or copy if you'd like
it..? I bought the "Y2K" Spitfire shot because of the interesting code - and
it was early 2000 at the time....

v/r
Gordon
USN SAR

An LZ is a place you want to land, not stay.

Old May 23rd 04, 08:33 AM
Krztalizer

Do send me the scans.

On the waaaaaaaaaayyyyy