dynamic prop balancing

Old April 19th 05, 10:42 PM
George A. Graham

Default dynamic prop balancing

I am flying my new RWS redrive!

I have more vibration than I had before. The new prop
of my own manufacture balance is suspect.

Does anyone know who might have the equipment to balance
the prop while on the airplane in or near Florida?

George Graham
RX-7 Powered Graham-EZ, N4449E
Homepage http://bfn.org/~ca266

Old April 21st 05, 01:20 PM
Bellsouth News Server

Hi George. Glad to hear you're flying again. There used to be a guy who
did dynamic balancing at my airport (2R4) near Pensacola, and I need to look
him up to see if he still does it. Now that my prop has been back to
Performance Props for it's final finish, I plan to get mine done as well.
While I've had some vibration in the past, I never bothered to get it
balanced, because I figured it could change once I sent it back for final
finishing. If I happen to run into the guy who was doing this, I'll let you
know via email.

BTW, stop by the flyrotary list some time. I'm sure everyone is interested
to hear from you. Also, there's a rotary gathering in MS at the end of May.

Cheers,
Rusty
13B powered RV-3B (flying again also)
single rotor Kolb Slingshot project
single rotor Sonerai-IIL (next in line)

my ignorance LCT Paintball Home Built 25 April 9th 05 06:54 PM
Ivo Prop on O-320 Dave S Home Built 14 October 15th 04 03:04 AM
Dynamic prop balance Ben Jackson Owning 18 June 27th 04 01:45 AM
Prop balancing and assorted observations - long Dave Hyde Home Built 10 June 27th 04 01:08 AM
IVO props... comments.. Dave S Home Built 16 December 6th 03 11:43 PM