The State of the Union: Lies about a Dishonest War

Old January 30th 04, 01:06 PM
George Z. Bush

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
"devil" wrote in message
news

So? Did they rise more than they would have without the cuts?

Yes.

I think not.

Why? Please show the numbers.

Why don't you show your numbers to prove your point before you ask someone else
to show theirs? Hell, if you can prove your point with your numbers, they won't
have to bother showing theirs, unless you've been cooking the books.

Old January 30th 04, 01:23 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

Why don't you show your numbers to prove your point before you ask
someone else to show theirs? Hell, if you can prove your point with
your numbers, they won't have to bother showing theirs, unless you've
been cooking the books.

I showed the numbers in my previous message, Georgie.

Old January 30th 04, 02:23 PM
George Z. Bush

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

Why don't you show your numbers to prove your point before you ask
someone else to show theirs? Hell, if you can prove your point with
your numbers, they won't have to bother showing theirs, unless you've
been cooking the books.

I showed the numbers in my previous message, Georgie.

I don't know how I missed it.....I usually hang on your every word.

Anyway, if you proved your point, why don't you just move on instead on
mince-meating the subject? If you're satisfied that you've got it right, why is
it so important to you to make the other guy out to be wrong? Isn't being right
in your own mind good enough for you? Maybe you're not that sure of yourself.
Is that it?

Old January 30th 04, 06:43 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"nobody" wrote in message

Prior to the illegal invasion of Iraq. the Bush regime claimed to have
specific evidence of WMDs and nuclear programme. So much so that
it was an immediate threath, with Hussein capable of launching such
weapons within 45 minutes.

How was this invasion illegal? What law was violated?

Prior to the illegal invasion of Iraq, the USA was systematically
discrediting Hans Blix and the UN inspectors stating that they were
incompetent and couldn't find anything. Yet Blix has stated that every
piece of evidence that was handed to him by the USA turned out to be
a total waste of time because there were no signs of any illicit activity.

So it would seem that the USA didn't have any real evidence and just
fabricated stuff to make it appear to be a real threath.

What is your evidence that the USA fabricated evidence?

This was well known outside the USA. Media outside the USA were
quick to provide complelling reasons why the Februiary 5th 2003
evidence prsented by Powel at the UN was not credible. Yet in the
USA, the media took Powel's speech as a bible and never questioned
the validity of the presented evidence.

When a few weeks later, ElBaradei, in front of the security council,
announced that they had obtained proof that the so called evidence
on nuclear weapons had been ***fabricated*** , neither the USA
media nor the democrats pounced on the Bush regime. That alone
should have started impeachement process with a Ken Star to
investigate the activities of the Bush regime.

Well, knowing the Democrats and the USA media as I do, if this announcement
had any credibility at all they WOULD have pounced on the Bush
administration.

And now that it is evident that there are no WMDs left in Iraq

How is that evident?

and that 9 months of inspectiosn by thousands of americans have yielded
nothing,

They have yielded little, but not nothing.

don't
you think that the regime which made all those claims to justify its
unprovoked invasion of Iraq should be held accountable for its lies ?

While it is becoming clear that they were probably wrong, it is also clear
they were not lies.

Old January 30th 04, 06:47 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"stephen" wrote in message

How do you feel about fairies dancing on your front lawn?

Depends. Please describe the fairies.

What I don't understand is why the US has not planted WMD in Iraq so
that they could find them.

They have been lying all alone. What is one more?

You've hit it without realizing it. Had the Bush administration been lying
about the WMD, they surely would have planted evidence that proved their
case. That little evidence of WMD has been found to date suggests that
while they may have been wrong about WMD in Iraq they were clearly not
lying.

Old January 30th 04, 07:12 PM
George Z. Bush

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
nk.net...

"stephen" wrote in message

How do you feel about fairies dancing on your front lawn?

Depends. Please describe the fairies.

What I don't understand is why the US has not planted WMD in Iraq so
that they could find them.

They have been lying all alone. What is one more?

You've hit it without realizing it. Had the Bush administration been lying
about the WMD, they surely would have planted evidence that proved their
case. That little evidence of WMD has been found to date suggests that
while they may have been wrong about WMD in Iraq they were clearly not
lying.

Well, that's a relief! All this while, I thought we went to war for a lie.
Now we find out that that wasn't so. We went to war because somebody was too
stupid to know that Sadaam's WMDs really weren't there.

Old January 30th 04, 07:16 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

Well, that's a relief! All this while, I thought we went to war for a

lie.

Well, now you know better!

Now we find out that that wasn't so. We went to war because somebody
was too stupid to know that Sadaam's WMDs really weren't there.

That "somebody" was pretty much the whole world.

Old January 30th 04, 07:21 PM
None

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
ink.net...

Good lawdy, you can easily tell you're a republican. An excuse for
everything, and someone else to blame!

Old January 30th 04, 07:48 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"None" wrote in message
ink.net...

Good lawdy, you can easily tell you're a republican.

It appears you can't, as I am not now and have never been a Republican.

Old January 30th 04, 07:50 PM
George Z. Bush

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
ink.net...

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

Well, that's a relief! All this while, I thought we went to war for a

lie.

Well, now you know better!

Now we find out that that wasn't so. We went to war because somebody
was too stupid to know that Sadaam's WMDs really weren't there.

That "somebody" was pretty much the whole world.

That makes me feel a lot better. Our decisions are being made by the whole
world. At least we have a consensus, right? But, if that was the case, why
didn't the UN go along with our little adventure? As I recall, they kind of
hinted that they weren't finished looking.