Could the Press Grow a Spine?

Old June 26th 04, 12:36 AM
ArtKramr

Subject: Could the Press Grow a Spine?
From: "Pete"
Date: 6/25/2004 4:07 PM Pacific Standard Time

"WalterM140" wrote

I don't have a source, but the Bushies got someone, I believe a Navy

corpsman,
to come forward and say that Kerry's third wound was just a scratch.

You mean this guy?
"I was the Medical Officer at Naval Support Facility, Cam Ranh Bay. "
http://www.nationalreview.com/york/york200405041626.asp

Pete

That's from the National Review. The sleaziest of the neocon right wing rags.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old June 26th 04, 01:10 AM
Pete

"ArtKramr" wrote

That's from the National Review. The sleaziest of the neocon right wing

rags.

Would you prefer indymedia.org?
http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2004/05/287765.shtml

The source, Dr. Louis Letson, remains the same.

Pete

Old June 26th 04, 03:07 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message

You think that Kerry is a hero because he got wounded three times.

Perhaps twice by enemy action.

Old June 26th 04, 03:08 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Denyav" wrote in message

Who is the source of Seymour Hersh?

Let me guess, Mother Hersh?

Old June 26th 04, 03:19 AM
Denyav

Who is the source of Seymour Hersh?

Let me guess, Mother Hersh?

LOL
Old June 26th 04, 03:45 AM
OXMORON1

Walt blurted:
What?

Bush's record of chronilogical service has a 16 month break in it.

Come up with something new and not previously refuted.

Other facts:

Senator Kerry has a Silver Star, a Brnze Star and three purple hearts.

Previously noted and as stated elsewherem purple hearts prove primarily that
you were unlucky, especially if your family is the recipient.

Fact, Walt, one of your favorite past times is wargaming. That does not make
you a bad guy, it is a fact, but proves nothing one way or the other.

oxmoron1
MFE
Old June 26th 04, 04:42 AM
Peter Stickney

In article ,
"Jarg" writes:
"Grantland" wrote in message
"Jarg" wrote:

I think you are wasting your words. Walt's postings are about creating

left
wing propaganda, not facts.

Jarg

What a mental midget you are Jarg. There are alien traitors here,
like Minyard and Irby. There are passive, pliant betamales aplenty
too many to mention. There are servile knee-benders like Rasimus, and
hysterical shriekers like Ferrin &. You are are the thickest brick on
the block, though. No wonder they laughingly use you dumb ass as a
race-traitor. Moron.

Grantland

Par for the course for you. How sad your life must be.

It's even worse than you think - since he's in South Africa, he's
relying on others to save his sorry ass if his fondest fears (or are
they dreams) come true. If he's going to make that flight to
Madagascar (The only place he can run to) in somebody else's plane,
he's got to be light enough that he won't be displacing fuel. So he'd
better be continually on a super-strict diet. Afer all, even to the
most hardened White Supremacist, what would be worth more - 1
Grantland, or 25 gallons of AVGAS?

So far, 9 out of 10 probable escapees say its AVGAS, all the way.

--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster
Old June 26th 04, 11:23 AM
WalterM140

Bush has usurped the Constitution and he has to go.

He doesn't need to have usurped Constitutional powers to justify turning him
out.....lying to the Congress and to the public to justify starting a war
ought
to be enough by itself.

George Z.

Of course that is 100% correct.

Even if the Bush administration stumble bums along to Iraqi elections next
year, Bush should still be replaced for lying about the justifications for the
war and then screwing it up.

Saw this exchange on Hardball the other night:

[Campbell] BROWN:Â* I want to ask you, you talk about accountability.Â* Tell me
the story of what you told President Bush about firing Vice President Cheney
and Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld.Â*

BIDEN:Â* Well, the president kidded me about that this morning at the White
House.Â*

The president asked me in another meeting several weeks ago why am I calling
for Cheney‘s res—excuse me—Rumsfeld‘s resignation.Â* I said, Mr.
President, let‘s get straight what happened.Â* I was asked, if I were
president, what would I do with the secretary?Â* I said, if I were president, I
would fire Rumsfeld.Â* But that‘s not my decision.Â*

And I went on to say facetiously, I said, as a matter of fact—and I said this
to the president with Cheney there—I said, Mr. President, I also said, were
it not for the fact it was a constitutional office, I would fire the vice
president as well.Â* And I said, Mr. Vice President, you know what respect I
have for you.Â* But the advice you‘ve given the president on the major
decisions that had to be made since Saddam‘s statue fell off the pedestal
have been mistaken.Â*

And, Mr. President, it is time to change course.Â* It is not about
personalities.Â* It is about, they were given the wrong advice."Â*

[end]

The Bush administration has screwed up the conduct of the war. It ddn't have
to go the way it has. We didn't -have- to invade Iraq at all, per General
Zinni and General Hoar, and others. It played right into Al Qaeda's hands. I
bought some gas yesterday for $1.79/gal. Thank -goodness- it's come down from
$2.00/gal.

But our State Department has published at least 2 calls for Americans to leave
Saudi Arabia. If that happened, what would the cost of gasoline be then?

This is a fourth generation, asymmetrical war. We are flailing in the air
with Armor chasing millitants with AK's and RPG's through neighborhoods in Iraq
-- which is a useless, dstracting exercise in the war on terror, while Al Qaeda
strikes our center of gravity (or one of them) by de-stabilizing Saudi Arabia.

People should also note how the State Department's course is diverging away
from the rest of the Administration. Re-do the 2003 terror figures? Show it
as the worst year for terror in 20 years? What's up with that? How is that
going to help get Bush re-elected, something that surely Sec. Powell wants.
And what -about- this call for all Amercans to leave Saudia Arabia? I thought
we were going to stay the course?

We -have- to get Bush out of there. He and his ideologues are diminishing our
power and our ability to prevail. We could really -lose- this war. We really
could see Depression era unemployment rates, and a loss of economic power that
wouldn't support much of a defense establishment.

People need to wake up on all this. These are very dangerous times.

Walt

Old June 26th 04, 01:09 PM
George Z. Bush

"Pete" wrote in message

"WalterM140" wrote

I don't have a source, but the Bushies got someone, I believe a Navy

corpsman,
to come forward and say that Kerry's third wound was just a scratch.

You mean this guy?
"I was the Medical Officer at Naval Support Facility, Cam Ranh Bay. "
http://www.nationalreview.com/york/york200405041626.asp

When I read so much detail about so unimpressive a medical event that occurred
to a relatively unknown junior officer over 35 years ago, I can't help but
conclude that there's a lot of embellishing going on. Most of the human race
couldn't recall what they were doing on that particular day 35+ years ago, but
this bird can? Hell, did anybody think to ask him what procedure he performed
on a particular wounded veteran in his care ten or sixteen days later? Of
course not, because they know damned well that he'd draw a blank without someone
to fill in details that he'd forgotten years ago.

If it sounds like BS, looks like BS, and smells like BS, chances are pretty good
that it's not much more than a pile of BS.

George Z.

Pete

Old June 26th 04, 01:28 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

When I read so much detail about so unimpressive a medical event that
occurred to a relatively unknown junior officer over 35 years ago, I can't
help but conclude that there's a lot of embellishing going on. Most of

the
human race couldn't recall what they were doing on that particular day
35+ years ago, but this bird can?

"Letson says he remembers his brief encounter with Kerry 35 years ago
because 'some of his crewmen related that Lt. Kerry had told them that he
would be the next JFK from Massachusetts'."