Safety at 141 school

Old July 11th 05, 10:17 PM

Default Safety at 141 school

HI:

If I've posted this to the wrong group, please forgive me and point me
in the right direction.

I am employed by a Part 141 flight school. There is an employee here
(working as an AC dispatcher) that has been caught in numerous safety
violations. Ususally, it's assigning an AC to a student while that AC
is currently under a "maintenance hold". This of course has
potentailly disastrous consequences.

We have a computer system that helps protect against such mistakes from
happening, but this person is so "clueless" that it doesn't matter.
They just keep making the same mistakes over and over.

I have brought this to the attention of senior management at the
school. However, for some reason they seem reluctant to do anything
about the situation.

The person involved has numerous complaints against them from
instructors and students alike. I am beginning to think I should get
the FAA involved before someone is hurt or killed. The safety
violations are documented, but only "unofficially". I suspect that if
the FAA comes calling, my management will simply destroy any evidence
and claim there is no problem.

This person really needs to be fired for total incompetence, but if I
"blow the whistle", I can probably kiss my own job goodby.

Any thoughts/opinions??

Oop

Old July 11th 05, 10:49 PM

If you have it documented for CYA, if no one does anything, a call to
the feds may be in order. Do you have any friends there (FAA) you can
call unofficially? Sticky situation but also one that needs to be
addressed.
Be looking for a new job just in case....it might be YOUR ass that is
at risk on your next flight if thats the way they operate.....
Been there and done that.....
Ol Shy & Bashful

Old July 11th 05, 10:54 PM
Stubby

Trying to change the school will be fruitless. If you don't like their
practices, move on. Eventually, word will spread and clients will
disappear and you'll be out of a job anyway.

Old July 12th 05, 12:15 PM
Denny

Troll, troll, troll your boat
Gently on the net
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
You will hook one yet.

denny
don't feed the troll, guys!

Old July 12th 05, 10:55 PM

Thanks guys, for all the sensible, constructive responses. What this
ass**** is all about is beyond me, but I've noticed the NGs are full of
nut cases.

Regards

Oop

Old July 13th 05, 02:20 AM
Steve Foley

Does the student actually fly the AC that is 'under a maintenance hold'?
What is a 'maintenance hold'. Sounds like it could be as simple as someone
reported a problem with a radio.

I know of a flight school that was shut down after they rented an
'unairworthy' plane. The owner felt the mechanic was being overly cautious.
The feds felt otherwise.

I suggest you find another job, and if you really feel they are dangerous,
blow the whistle.

ups.com...

Old July 13th 05, 12:22 PM
Peter Clark

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 01:20:41 GMT, "Steve Foley"
wrote:

Does the student actually fly the AC that is 'under a maintenance hold'?
What is a 'maintenance hold'. Sounds like it could be as simple as someone
reported a problem with a radio.

Or one that's grounded because it's time for the 100hr.