Update on VacationRentalsforFamilies Airlift

Old September 8th 05, 01:09 PM
Steve S

wrote in message
oups.com...
Even if you don't have a plane or you have a 4 place plane register as a
co-pilot. I didn't have a co-pilot so one was assigned to me. It was
great
working with the guys I flew with, we really developed some good CRM.
The
only requirement as PIC is that you are Instrument Rated. I don't think
the
co-pilot has to be IR.

You figure they'll let a PP with 110 hours anywhere near an airplane,
even as co-pilot? I live in Atlanta and would be able to go this
weekend, but there's probably a flood of guys with more hours than me...

Yes, my co-pilot worked the radios, followed our progress on charts, looked
for traffic, he talked to me about family, politics, sports and other stuff
to make the trip more pleasant and keep us both alert. He also was good to
remind me that we have to start thinking about descents, altitudes and other
stuff that is helpful.

You don't have to be a 2500 hour pilot for any of that. It doesn't hurt to
ask.

They may not be flying this weekend so they can get better organized. See
my other post.

Steve S

Old September 8th 05, 01:36 PM
Peter R.

Steve S wrote:

Even if you don't have a plane or you have a 4 place plane register
as a co-pilot.

My aircraft is always being used for single-pilot Angel Flight missions. If
the relief group is unable to use it because of the limited seating, I
think it would be much more effective use of resources for me to pick up a
few extra AF missions, rather than have my aircraft sit idle while I
copilot a thousand miles away.

--
Peter

Old September 8th 05, 01:56 PM
Jim Burns

Thanks for the update Steve. I appreciate it. You've done a great job of
filling in the details that the website does not. Please keep us up to
date.

Jim

Old September 9th 05, 12:37 AM
Steve S

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
Thanks for the update Steve. I appreciate it. You've done a great job of
filling in the details that the website does not. Please keep us up to
date.

Jim

I was updated today that they will NOT be suspending operations to
re-organize. They are continuing operations througout. The State
legislature has contacted VRFF so that VRFF doesn't have to go and recruit
evacuees, the state will tend to getting evacuess and VRFF can attend to
transporting them.

Keep monitoring the site for up to date information

Steve

Old September 9th 05, 12:57 AM
Steve S

"Peter R." wrote in message
Steve S wrote:

Even if you don't have a plane or you have a 4 place plane register
as a co-pilot.

My aircraft is always being used for single-pilot Angel Flight missions.
If
the relief group is unable to use it because of the limited seating, I
think it would be much more effective use of resources for me to pick up a
few extra AF missions, rather than have my aircraft sit idle while I
copilot a thousand miles away.

--
Peter

Agreed, keep up the good work.