ID, comments please (two scans)

Old March 2nd 08, 12:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Pyeatt

Default ID, comments please (two scans)

I bought a box of old negatives at an estate sale and found several aircraft
images in the lot. Here are some samples.

Is this a recon aircraft?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	temp_002.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	23134  Click image for larger version

Name:	temp_001.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	23135
Old March 2nd 08, 01:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
muff528

"Don Pyeatt" wrote in message
I bought a box of old negatives at an estate sale and found several
aircraft images in the lot. Here are some samples.

Is this a recon aircraft?

E-50 Twin Bonanza ?
Tony P.

Old March 2nd 08, 01:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew B

"Don Pyeatt" wrote in message
I bought a box of old negatives at an estate sale and found several
aircraft images in the lot. Here are some samples.

Is this a recon aircraft?

My best guess would be a Beech L.23 Seminole.
--
Andrew B (Cheshire, England)

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
(Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.)

Old March 2nd 08, 01:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
muff528

"Andrew B" wrote in message
om...

"Don Pyeatt" wrote in message
I bought a box of old negatives at an estate sale and found several
aircraft images in the lot. Here are some samples.

Is this a recon aircraft?

My best guess would be a Beech L.23 Seminole.
--
Andrew B (Cheshire, England)

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
(Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.)

Yep, according to "Wiki" it's a L-23D, and specifically mentions s/n
57-3101. Later redesignated U-8D. If that trapezoidal feature on it's belly
is a radar then it is a RL-23D. Or it could have been redesignated U-8D
after 1962 and then converted to RU-8D. All that, of course according to
Wikipedia. :-)

TP

Old March 2nd 08, 06:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

muff528 wrote:
"Andrew B" wrote in message
om...
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in message
I bought a box of old negatives at an estate sale and found several
aircraft images in the lot. Here are some samples.

Is this a recon aircraft?

My best guess would be a Beech L.23 Seminole.
--
Andrew B (Cheshire, England)

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
(Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.)

Yep, according to "Wiki" it's a L-23D, and specifically mentions s/n
57-3101. Later redesignated U-8D. If that trapezoidal feature on it's belly
is a radar then it is a RL-23D. Or it could have been redesignated U-8D
after 1962 and then converted to RU-8D. All that, of course according to
Wikipedia. :-)

TP

WINEBOTTLE, CEFISH PERSON, and CHECKMATE

http://www.nsa.gov/vigilance/vigil00005.cfm

Cheers,

Dave

Old March 2nd 08, 10:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Samm

"Don Pyeatt" wrote in message
I bought a box of old negatives at an estate sale and found several
aircraft images in the lot. Here are some samples.

Is this a recon aircraft?

Yes AND No. It's a U-8 (also known as an RU-8.) The civialian version is
the Beechcraft Queenair.

For more info and pictures go to:

www.globalsecurity.org/.../aircraft/u-8-pics.htm

Old March 3rd 08, 03:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
muff528

"CWO4 Dave Mann" wrote in message
muff528 wrote:
"Andrew B" wrote in message
om...
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in message
[...]

......It's almost like you're typing out some sort of code or something! :-)
BTW - Very interesting, and enlightening, article.

Thanks, TP

Old March 3rd 08, 12:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dingo[_4_]

"muff528" wrote in message

"CWO4 Dave Mann" wrote in message
muff528 wrote:
"Andrew B" wrote in message
om...
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in message
[...]

:-)
BTW - Very interesting, and enlightening, article.

Thanks, TP

He's probably just checking to see if the Epsilon surveillance satellite is
intercepting his mails. I used to have a list of trigger words that it was
supposed to pick up on, but never had men in dark suits knocking at my
........ excuse me , there's someone at the door !!
phew !! only the postman this time.

Old March 3rd 08, 02:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

muff528 wrote:
"CWO4 Dave Mann" wrote in message
muff528 wrote:
"Andrew B" wrote in message
om...
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in message
[...]

Sorry, TP ... my previous life took over (or was it the Special
Controller Chip in my brain installed by NSA ---- Hummmm interesting
choice of a phrase ... is that "the chip installed by NSA" OR "my brin
installed by NSA"? Hang on a second, I've got to schratch my Anal Probe
..... ahhhhhhhh

Anyway, if you Google for those Nicknames you'll fine various pointers
to US Army Security Agency (ASA) flying platforms.

The US uses Code Names, Nick Names and Project Names, according to a
Joint Chiefs of Staff Manual.

Code names are like this "JUMPSEAT" -- the unclassified codename for an
atomic weapon test (and coincidentally for a type of National Imagery
Asset).

Nick Names are two words which are selected by a "Nick Name Assignment
Schedule". For example, The US Army Intelligence and Security Command
(USAINSCOM) might be assigned any first word beginning with the letters
CE and any second word beginning with the letter L. So, we have CEFISH
LADDER, CEFIRM LEADER, CEFIRM LANDER, and so on and so forth.

Project names are unclassified names given to a particular project, for
example, "ROUNDTABLE", the project name for something that I recall
being read on for about 40 years ago but can't remember what it was (see
NSA Brain, above). Lots of folks will use the word "GARDENPLOT" which
is a US military domestic insurrection defense plan. However it is
actually GARDEN PLOT.

Now if you are at the CIA, you will use DI-GRAPH code names. MKULTRA,
for instance. "MK" being the first part which designated the country or
the entity to which the code name is applied. In this case, a CIA
clandestine operation conducted within the USA's borders. ULTRA is
simply a unique word thought up by someone in security. MKULTRA is also
a very controversial and highly publicized CIA ****up.

There is a rather ponderous book written by some investigative
journalist (actually as I recall a quite unpatriotic, commie, pinko,
fellow-travelers hippie wierdo destroyer of All that is Good, Mother,
APple Pie and the American Way of Life (AWOL) and probable voter for
Hillery) which I think has the word "Codenames" in the title. Seems to
me that I read it some time ago and had to use a calculator to add up
all the words I remembered.

Anyway, hope this gives you a bit of a back ground.

BTW, I also can give you a whole riff on the UK system, but shan't since
when I worked with them on joint things they swore me to Utter Most
Secrety whilst at the NAFI Cafeteria in Berlin over some most excellent
Bangers and Bisquits and a Cuppa.

Cheers,

Dave

PS attached is a GIF -- the mascot of an operation nicknamed "UNICYCLE FROG"

Attached Images

Old March 3rd 08, 02:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

Dingo wrote:

"muff528" wrote in message

"CWO4 Dave Mann" wrote in message
muff528 wrote:
"Andrew B" wrote in message
om...
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in message
[...]

Hah! You must live in a country where the postman actually shows up?
Here at my crib he or she sometimes arrives at noon, other times a 6 pm.
Sometimes leaves mail in the mail box, sometimes tosses it onthe front
porch.

Oh, wait, there's a knock at My Door, I just go and answ...........

PENTAGON CONSIDERING MILITARY BUILD UP AGAINST IRAN (Scroll down to comments section - see page 2 of the comments section as well): [email protected] Naval Aviation 0 December 19th 06 08:37 PM
OSH '05 Comments PPT33R Piloting 131 August 29th 05 02:01 PM
OSH '05 Comments PPT33R Owning 119 August 7th 05 02:32 AM
Comments Sniper@SDU/HKPF Simulators 2 January 27th 04 12:09 PM
comments? Rosspilot Piloting 31 January 1st 04 02:41 PM