Where to advertise

Old October 10th 05, 03:19 AM
Kathy

Default Where to advertise

Where is the best place to advertise an aircraft? Trade-a-plane is far
from least expensive, but if it sells there fastest, it would be worth
it. Are there better places to market a single engine GA plane?

Kathy

Old October 10th 05, 04:08 AM
Bret Ludwig

There are the "Aero Trader" pubs sold alongside the "Auto Trader" and
"Boat and RV", eBay, the local paper, and the bulletin board at the
FBO. Also there are local EAA chapters, etc.

Several others as well.

If you have an average spam can in average shape these venues are
probably OK. If you have something of special interest then TAP is
usually the first, best place to advertise. Type or manufacturer clubs
have a newsletter as well, for some aircraft that is the first place to
advertise.

Old October 10th 05, 10:35 AM
Montblack

("Kathy" wrote)
Where is the best place to advertise an aircraft? Trade-a-plane is far
from least expensive, but if it sells there fastest, it would be worth
it. Are there better places to market a single engine GA plane?

They say the best planes never leave the field.

Notes around the airport.
E-bay.
www.AircraftOwner.com
rec.aviation.marketplace

Within that plane's owners group/association: Cardinal, 150/152, Cherokee,
Ercoupe (call me), Bonanza, Grumman, etc.

Good luck.

BTW, what is it? Is it yours? What's the plane have going for it? Give us
the rest, only if you're going to also tell us the price. Thanks.

Montblack

Old October 10th 05, 12:39 PM
Kublai

http://www.planecheck.com

aniel

Old October 10th 05, 04:23 PM
Carl Ellis

On 9 Oct 2005 19:19:55 -0700, Kathy wrote:

Where is the best place to advertise an aircraft? Trade-a-plane is far
from least expensive, but if it sells there fastest, it would be worth
it. Are there better places to market a single engine GA plane?

Kathy

Try Barnstormers. www.barnstormers.com

Worked for me.

- Carl -
Old October 10th 05, 06:01 PM
Paul kgyy

Send faxes with specs to your local FBOs.

Old October 10th 05, 10:05 PM
sfb

Junk Fax Law - the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991
Senders of unsolicited ads for products and services may be liable to
the recipient for $500 - $1,500 per fax under a little known federal
law.

"Paul kgyy" wrote in message
ups.com...

Send faxes with specs to your local FBOs.

Old October 11th 05, 01:49 AM
Steve Foley

Mail them. That way you'll get better quality, and can include color.

Thanks for the heads-up about the unsolicted fax law. Too bad they don't
have one regarding e-mail.

"sfb" wrote in message news:6IA2f.6714$at1.2645@trnddc05...
Junk Fax Law - the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991
Senders of unsolicited ads for products and services may be liable to
the recipient for $500 - $1,500 per fax under a little known federal
law.

"Paul kgyy" wrote in message
ups.com...

Send faxes with specs to your local FBOs.

Old October 11th 05, 01:54 AM
Steve Foley

rec.aviation.marketplace

I posted there for a plane a friend was selling a few years back. After it
had sold, I found out my posting had sold it. I was real happy about that as
the seller is the type who always goes out of his way for you.

ps.com...