microsoft flightsim

Old March 4th 06, 12:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Default microsoft flightsim

does any one know if & when microsoft are going to release a new updated
flight simulator, don`t want to buy 2004 if a new one is going to be
released sometime in the near future!
thanx

Old March 4th 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

"martin" ha scritto nel messaggio
does any one know if & when microsoft are going to release a new updated
flight simulator, don`t want to buy 2004 if a new one is going to be
released sometime in the near future!
thanx

The next version, FSX, should be out by the end of 2006.

Marco

Old March 12th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Murmur wrote:
The next version, FSX, should be out by the end of 2006.

Which means that the computer/OS that can run it crash-free or
stutter/free should be out around Q4 of 2008.

Just remember not to get the one from Dell.

Old March 12th 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

"FatKat" ha scritto nel messaggio
oups.com...

Murmur wrote:
The next version, FSX, should be out by the end of 2006.

Which means that the computer/OS that can run it crash-free or
stutter/free should be out around Q4 of 2008.

LOL. You're wrong. MSFS is specifically designed to stutter, whatever the
hardware is. It's not a big, it's a feature. :-P

Marco

Old March 16th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

FatKat wrote:

Murmur wrote:

The next version, FSX, should be out by the end of 2006.

Which means that the computer/OS that can run it crash-free or
stutter/free should be out around Q4 of 2008.

Just remember not to get the one from Dell.

Just remember not to get anything from Dell.

Old March 18th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

I have bought five Dell computers and Laptops for myself and others and
never had a single problem.
I have no connection with the company, but am very pleased with them.

--
Yrs Quilljar

Old March 18th 06, 03:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

I have an XPST system that was built in Dec 99. been upgraded over the years
and I have just 1000 flying on VATSIM alone on this system without an
issues. {been online just 2 yrs}

Old March 19th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Cal Vanize wrote:
FatKat wrote:

Murmur wrote:

The next version, FSX, should be out by the end of 2006.

Which means that the computer/OS that can run it crash-free or
stutter/free should be out around Q4 of 2008.

Just remember not to get the one from Dell.

Just remember not to get anything from Dell.

I guess I shouldn't really complain. My Dell, slightly less than a
year old, is still a dependable machine. I just wish it came at least
with an AGP port or some way to add one. It was a gift, yet I would
have been snookered as easily - in this day and age, a system with
nothing more than PCI....

Old March 21st 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:
On 19 Mar 2006 10:27:16 -0800, "FatKat" wrote:

Cal Vanize wrote:
FatKat wrote:

Murmur wrote:

The next version, FSX, should be out by the end of 2006.

Which means that the computer/OS that can run it crash-free or
stutter/free should be out around Q4 of 2008.

Just remember not to get the one from Dell.

Just remember not to get anything from Dell.

I guess I shouldn't really complain. My Dell, slightly less than a
year old, is still a dependable machine. I just wish it came at least
with an AGP port or some way to add one. It was a gift, yet I would
have been snookered as easily - in this day and age, a system with
nothing more than PCI....

You sure it's not PCI Express???

I wish - no, it's not PCI-e, it's not Express anything. It's a Dell
Dimension that was a gift. Truth be told, I wouldn't have paid much
attention to stats other than DVD Burner and CPU type, assuming that
AGP at least would have been added. I've now learned a very valuable
lesson. I've also learned a lot about on-board graphics, or should
say, I've learned that you don't get a lot from on-board graphics.