Gordon's pics : MailplaneArrivingAtHadley(airfield)

Old January 6th 07, 06:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Default Gordon's pics : MailplaneArrivingAtHadley(airfield)

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MailplaneArrivingAtHadley(airfield).jpg
Views:	120
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	4085
Old January 6th 07, 04:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Rich

My late father had taken me (in the 1950s?), as a young child, to
Hadley field. I recall a hanger similar to (if not the same as) the
one pictured.The two Hadley field photos, based on the borders,
appear to be scanned from postcards - is that correct? If so (and you
have the originals), is there any information on the other side of the
cards? Are there any more Hadley field photos?

They may be of interest to the local (South Plainfield, New Jersey,
USA) historical society as well as myself (we have no association).
Their website is at http://www.geocities.com/sphistoricalsociety/ .
They have two small photos of Hadley field on that page. Thanks!

Rich

ps - I have lurked here for sometime enjoying the aviation photos and
discussions. My main interest is antique tube radios but have an
interest in aviation based on my dads time in the AAF (5th AF, 380th
BG, 531 SQ - Northern Australia & beyond).

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 16:26:23 +1030, "Dave Kearton"

Old January 7th 07, 06:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Rich wrote:
[...]

wrote:

Hi Rich, I just got this from Gordon

"The two Hadley Field pix are not postcards - they are original, perfect
condition personal snapshots from a pilot that frequented that field.
Unfortunately, there is little on the way of captioning on the reverse,
other than the info that I used to title the scans. That border treatment
is not uncommon in 1920s photos - I have it on quite a few others.

Glad everyone got a kick out of them.

yf Gordon"

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old January 7th 07, 03:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Rich

wrote:

Hi Rich, I just got this from Gordon

"The two Hadley Field pix are not postcards - they are original, perfect
condition personal snapshots from a pilot that frequented that field.
Unfortunately, there is little on the way of captioning on the reverse,
other than the info that I used to title the scans. That border treatment
is not uncommon in 1920s photos - I have it on quite a few others.

Glad everyone got a kick out of them.

yf Gordon"

Dave,

Thanks for the reply and explanation from Gordon. These photos
appear to be quite good so I would ike to share them with the South
Plainfield Historical Society. Since they were posted here I don't
believe there are any copyright issues with the images - are there? I
suspect the Society would probably like to re-post them on their
website. As for me they are just a kick. Thanks to all for stirring up
some good memories...

Rich

Old January 7th 07, 10:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Pyeatt

wrote:

[...]

Here is a good copyright FAQ: http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

Don