Creating a new turnpoint database for the 302

Old May 22nd 09, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Robert Holliday

Default Creating a new turnpoint database for the 302

i plan on flying in an area with no currently available database such as
from a previous contest site etc.
is there any website that would be convenient to download the available
airports in an area of say 100nm diameter in a .dat file?thanks
bob
Old May 22nd 09, 08:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Laitinen

Robert Holliday wrote:
i plan on flying in an area with no currently available database such as
from a previous contest site etc.
is there any website that would be convenient to download the available
airports in an area of say 100nm diameter in a .dat file?thanks
bob

Take a look at http://www.xmission.com/~lalley/aviation/. This site
does just what you want.
Old May 22nd 09, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Robert,

I haven't tried the solution below, but I believe it will work fine.

Another approach is to download the current list of all public and private
airports in the USA from the site in the link below. Open the file in
SeeYou or StrePla and you can then export a data file based on distance from
the home airport. Or you can select a group of waypoints using the mouse.
The export process for SeeYou is explained and shown in my SeeYou Training
videos.
http://soaringweb.org/TP/FAA/

http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/train...raining-SeeYou - see video
#29.

I like using SeeYou because I can view the waypoints on a map and edit them,
create tasks, etc. StrePla can also do all this.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.